Support HUSD and receive up to a $400 AZ Tax Credit. Your tax dollar donations fund extra-curricular activities and opportunities for students. If you wish to make a donation, please see our Tax Credit page for more information.
Headlines & Features
Class of 2020
The final deadline to get a senior portrait in the yearbooks is Sept 14, 2019.
Seniors must call 480-830-5667 as soon as possible for an apointment. There is no cost to sitting for a yearbook portrait.
Cap and Gown sales are going on right now and Jostens will be on campus on September 17, during both lunches.
For Graduation news throughout the year be sure to check the Graduation Page often.
PSAT Test Registration
The PSAT is being offered this year at Williams Field High School on Wednesday October 30th. Registration starts Friday August 30th and runs through September 16th in the bookstore. It is highly recommended that Sophomores and Juniors take the test, even if they took the test last year.
This year we are also offering this opportunity to Freshmen on a first come first serve basis. This is a great way for freshman to prepare themselves for college entrance exams they will take in the future.
The benefit for all students that take the PSAT is upon completion a study guide for the SAT tailor-made for them based on their PSAT/NMSQT scores will be provided through an online account through Khan Academy.
There are multiple scholarship opportunities available to Sophomores and Juniors who take the test. Juniors can also qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Program. Don’t let your student miss out on this opportunity! Tests are $25 in the bookstore. Note: All outstanding fees should be paid before ordering tests.
Fall Break Office Hours
In observance of Fall Break, all school offices will be closed Monday, September 30, through Friday, October 11. All offices will reopen on Monday, October 14
The district office will be open Monday, September 30, through Thursday, October 3 and Monday, October 7, through Thursday, October 10, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The district office will be closed Friday, October 4 and October 11.
If you are new to Higley Unified School District and wish to register your child, please complete the registration packet found online and bring it to the District Office, 2935 S. Recker Road. Schools will notify families regarding the next steps on the Monday following break
Kids Club Fall Break Camp can be contacted at 623.256.7923.
AP Test Registration
AP test order forms are now available from the Bookstore and AP teachers. This year the College Board has restructured their ordering process and test orders are now due in the Fall as opposed to the spring as in previous years. Testing will still, however take place in early May.
Students can begin ordering tests starting on Tues. Sept. 3rd. Test cost is $94/test. Fee reduction waivers are available for students that qualify for Free and Reduced lunch. A separate verification form can be picked up from Mrs. Coleman in the counseling office. The absolute deadline to pay will be on October 25th.
Please see the Bookstore to register or if you have any questions please contact Mrs. Coleman in the counseling office or your students AP teacher.
Changes to High School Bell Schedule
Wednesday Late Starts
Every Wednesday, classes will start at 7:40 a.m. This will allow our teachers to meet in meaningful professional development to further enhance the curriculum for their individual subjects with their colleagues and allow time for cross-curricular collaboration, additional tutoring opportunities, and club meetings. This additional fifteen minutes will have a definitive and a positive impact on student learning and engagement.
This does NOT impact transportation. Bus schedules will run normally. Students who arrive on campus before 7:40 a.m. will have several opportunities (listed below).
Some items to keep in mind
- This will be each Wednesday of the school year except for the following Wednesdays designated as half-days for the high schools: August 28, 2019, September 25, 2019, November 27, 2019, Decemeber 18, 2019, January 29, 2020, February 26, 2020 and May 20, 2020.
- Bus pick up and drop off at school will not change.
- A Hour/Zero Hour classes will still meet every Wednesday starting at 6:25 a.m.
- Clubs will be able to meet prior to the beginning of the school day.
- Teachers will have additional opportunities to tutor students who may need additional help.
- Counselors and the career center will be open to help with completion of ECAP and scholarship applications.
- The cafeteria will be open for breakfast and/or snacks prior to the start of the school day.
- The warning bell will ring at 7:35 a.m., with the late bell ringing at 7:40 a.m. signaling the start of the school day.
Change in the Number of Designated Class Periods
- We have run a schedule in the past that contained seven designated periods. This year we will have eight periods.
- This places us in compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes regarding the designation of lunch and class periods.
- Lunches will be given a period designation. Students will be assigned either 4th-hour lunch/A lunch or 5th hour lunch/B lunch. The 30-minute lunch time allocation will not change.
- Time spent in class will not change. Instructional minutes will remain the same.
- The regular last class of the day, which concludes at 2:15 p.m., will be designated as 7th-hour period, while the extended 8th-hour period will release at 3:15 p.m.
Bell schedules will be posted on the website prior to the start of the school year.
All HUSD families should sign up for a ParentVue account. This allows parents to view student grades and absences, as well as see – when they are posted – class schedules and teacher information. The district also uses ParentVue during class selection times at the middle schools and high schools.
Sign up requires an IN PERSON visit to the school office. If you already have a ParentVue account, and your child is moving from one HUSD school to another, no action is required. The updated information will appear when it is available.
If you have questions, please contact your school's office.
Williams Field High School invites you to keep up with all events by following us on social media:
Should an emergency situation arise that impacts the school day please visit the school's website where a parent notification will be displayed to provide you with the most up-to-date information.
2019 National Gold Council of Excellence
The Williams Field High School Student Council is one of only two schools in Arizona being recognized as a 2019 National Gold Council of Excellence. We congratulate our most excellent Student Council Black Hawks.