Support HUSD and receive up to a $400 AZ Tax Credit. Your tax dollar donations fund extra-curricular activities and opportunities for students. If you wish to make a donation, please see our Tax Credit page for more information.
2019 Freshmen Orientation- Class of 2023
WFHS Link Crew invites you to be a part of an exciting and unique opportunity on Friday, July 19th, 2019. Freshmen students will be grouped under the leadership of WFHS Link Crew trained upperclassmen to enjoy a day as a Black Hawk.
- Eat breakfast at home
- Busing provided (look for transportation information in the mail for bus stop and times) for students outside the walking zone (1.5 miles or more)
- Lunch available for purchase
- Casual school attire
- Bring class schedule - pick one up on your Black Hawks Day
Changes to High School Bell Schedule
We anxiously await the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year and are looking forward to seeing our students return to the campus. With the beginning of this school year, we want to inform you of two changes to our schedule.
Wednesday Late Starts
Every Wednesday, classes will start at 7:40 a.m. This will allow our teachers to meet in meaningful professional development to further enhance the curriculum for their individual subjects with their colleagues and allow time for cross-curricular collaboration, additional tutoring opportunities, and club meetings. This additional fifteen minutes will have a definitive and a positive impact on student learning and engagement.
This does NOT impact transportation. Bus schedules will run normally. Students who arrive on campus before 7:40 a.m. will have several opportunities (listed below).
Some items to keep in mind
- This will be each Wednesday of the school year except for the following Wednesdays designated as half-days for the high schools: August 28, 2019, September 25, 2019, November 27, 2019, Decemeber 18, 2019, January 29, 2020, February 26, 2020 and May 20, 2020.
- Bus pick up and drop off at school will not change.
- A Hour/Zero Hour classes will still meet every Wednesday starting at 6:25 a.m.
- Clubs will be able to meet prior to the beginning of the school day.
- Teachers will have additional opportunities to tutor students who may need additional help.
- Counselors and the career center will be open to help with completion of ECAP and scholarship applications.
- The cafeteria will be open for breakfast and/or snacks prior to the start of the school day.
- The warning bell will ring at 7:35 a.m., with the late bell ringing at 7:40 a.m. signaling the start of the school day.
Change in the Number of Designated Class Periods
- We have run a schedule in the past that contained seven designated periods. This year we will have eight periods.
- This places us in compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes regarding the designation of lunch and class periods.
- Lunches will be given a period designation. Students will be assigned either 4th-hour lunch/A lunch or 5th hour lunch/B lunch. The 30-minute lunch time allocation will not change.
- Time spent in class will not change. Instructional minutes will remain the same.
- The regular last class of the day, which concludes at 2:15 p.m., will be designated as 7th-hour period, while the extended 8th-hour period will release at 3:15 p.m.
Bell schedules will be posted on the website prior to the start of the school year.
Community Pep Rally to Support Football, Cheer and Band
When: FRIDAY, Aug. 9, 6 pm
Where: Williams Field Gym and Football Field
What: Come meet your 2019 BlackHawk Football Team, Cheerleaders and Marching Band
Everyone is welcome to our Friday Night Lights celebration!
Pep Rally, Fan Gear, Scrimmage, FREE BBQ (Suggested Donation $20/Family)
Please sign up for the Higley Unified School District’s email communication system.
To receive e-mail communications from the district or one of our schools please click here to sign up. Families of students enrolled in the Higley Unifed School District will receive e-mails automatically to the e-mail address on file with their schools.
Please note: In order to continue receiving e-mail communication, families must have a current, up-to-date e-mail address on file with their schools. Families that do not have an updated e-mail with the schools may not receive all the communication being sent. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to update your email address on file.
You will then receive information, news and event listings from the district and schools you select.
If you wish stop the e-mails, you may click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the e-mails you receive.
Families new to their schools or new to the district will be activated on the first day of the new school year, or within 24 hours of the student's first day of classes. Families are encouraged to download the HUSD App (information below) as soon as they they register, as some information may be delivered through the APP.
HUSD App available to download
Want to stay up on all the news? All of your favorite school tools and resources are now in a mobile app for Android and Apple devices: calendars, activity stream, resources, menus and more.
Enter the App Store of your choice. Type “Higley” in the store search bar to download the app!
This is an excellent way to insure receipt of all information regarding your school events.
Class of 2020
Our yearbook advisor, Devon Adams, has arranged for every senior to be photographed by the award winning Lou Coopey Photography Studio.
Please go online to loucoopey.com and click on “Book Your Appointment Now Banner” to schedule an appointment.
Clothing for the yearbook senior portrait is formal. Boys must wear a button up shirt, jacket and tie, but if you don’t have one, there are some available for use during the photo session. Girls must wear a dress or shirt with sleeves. You are also encouraged to bring clothes, uniforms, and props for photo shoots to reflect activities, sports, and honor societies they are involved in. The formal sitting, however, is the one which will be used in the yearbook.
2019-20 Back to School Information
Classes begin July 22 for the next school year. Families can find back-to-school information, including event dates and school supply lists, on our new webpage. Additional details will be released over the summer. Be sure to download the Higley App for information and update your e-mail address with your campus.
All HUSD families should sign up for a ParentVue account. This allows parents to view student grades and absences, as well as see – when they are posted – class schedules and teacher information. The district also uses ParentVue during class selection times at the middle schools and high schools.
Sign up requires an IN PERSON visit to the school office. If you already have a ParentVue account, and your child is moving from one HUSD school to another, no action is required. The updated information will appear when it is available.
If you have questions, please contact your school's office.
Williams Field High School invites you to keep up with all events by following us on social media:
Should an emergency situation arise that impacts the school day please visit the school's website where a parent notification will be displayed to provide you with the most up-to-date information.
2019 National Gold Council of Excellence
The Williams Field High School Student Council is one of only two schools in Arizona being recognized as a 2019 National Gold Council of Excellence. We congratulate our most excellent Student Council Black Hawks.