Support HUSD and receive up to a $400 AZ Tax Credit. Your tax dollar donations fund extra-curricular activities and opportunities for students. If you wish to make a donation, please see our Tax Credit page for more information.
Changes to High School Bell Schedule
We anxiously await the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year and are looking forward to seeing our students return to the campus. With the beginning of this school year, we want to inform you of two changes to our schedule.
Wednesday Late Starts
Every Wednesday, classes will start at 7:40 a.m. This will allow our teachers to meet in meaningful professional development to further enhance the curriculum for their individual subjects with their colleagues and allow time for cross-curricular collaboration, additional tutoring opportunities, and club meetings. This additional fifteen minutes will have a definitive and a positive impact on student learning and engagement.
This does NOT impact transportation. Bus schedules will run normally. Students who arrive on campus before 7:40 a.m. will have several opportunities (listed below).
Some items to keep in mind
- This will be each Wednesday of the school year except for the following Wednesdays designated as half-days for the high schools: August 28, 2019; September 25, 2019; November 27, 2019; January 29, 2020; and February 26, 2020
- Bus pick up and drop off at school will not change.
- A Hour/Zero Hour classes will still meet every Wednesday starting at 6:25 a.m.
- Clubs will be able to meet prior to the beginning of the school day.
- Teachers will have additional opportunities to tutor students who may need additional help.
- Counselors and the career center will be open to help with completion of ECAP and scholarship applications.
- The cafeteria will be open for breakfast and/or snacks prior to the start of the school day.
- The warning bell will ring at 7:35 a.m., with the late bell ringing at 7:40 a.m. signaling the start of the school day.
Change in the Number of Designated Class Periods
- We have run a schedule in the past that contained seven designated periods. This year we will have eight periods.
- This places us in compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes regarding the designation of lunch and class periods.
- Lunches will be given a period designation. Students will be assigned either 4th-hour lunch/A lunch or 5th hour lunch/B lunch. The 30-minute lunch time allocation will not change.
- Time spent in class will not change. Instructional minutes will remain the same.
- The regular last class of the day, which concludes at 2:15 p.m., will be designated as 7th-hour period, while the extended 8th-hour period will release at 3:15 p.m.
Bell schedules will be posted on the website prior to the start of the school year.
June 3rd –27th, M-Th, 7:30am-3:30pm, closed Fridays
Office Closed July 1st - July 5th
Normal office hours resume on July 8th, M-F, 7:00am-3:30pm
2019-20 Back to School Information
Classes begin July 22 for the next school year. Families can find back-to-school information, including event dates and school supply lists, on our new webpage. Additional details will be released over the summer. Be sure to download the Higley App for information and update your e-mail address with your campus.
Kingdom Days will be held in the Cafeteria and the Auxillary Gym at Higley High School on Tuesday, July 9, 2019 and Wednesday, July 10, 2019 from 1:00pm-6:00pm on both days. For those unable to attend on the dates mentioned previously, there will be a make-up on Monday, July 15 from 8:00am to 12:00pm in the Bookstore.
July 9 Junior and Senior Students Only
July 10 Freshmen and Sophomores Only
*Exceptions will be made on July 9 and July 10 for students with more than one child attending Higley High School or for extenuating circumstances
Kingdom Days is the only time prior to school starting to obtain yearbooks, parking permits, PE uniforms, class schedules, activity cards, and family athletic passes. Prior to receiving a class schedule or purchasing a parking permit, class fee's must be paid in full. Cash, Checks, Visa and Mastercard will be accepted.
Parking permits will be sold to juniors and seniors only on a first come first serve basis and parking is limited for the 2019-20 school year. Parking spaces will not be assigned but parking passes will be required in order to park in any of the student lots during school hours.
Kingdom Days is also a great time to get information about athletics, athletic clearance forms, dual credit courses, lunch accounts, and bus routes.
For questions or concerns, please contact the Bookstore at 480 279-7445.
Higley High School Freshmen Orientation
* Eat breakfast at home
* No need to bring supplies, backpacks, purses etc. as day is active
*Casual and comfortable school attire-we will be active
* Busing provided
(look for transportation information in the mail for bus stop and times) for students outside the walking zone (1.5miles or more)
* Lunch available for $3.10 or bring a sack lunch
* Please contact the school with special health accommodations
At this student only event, incoming freshmen will be welcomed to Higley High School through positive team-building activities in both large group and small group settings.
Along with your Link Crew leader, you will embark on a journey around the school to be prepared for your first day as a Higley Knight. Each student will have the opportunity to eat lunch with their Link Crew Leader and make new friends.
What will be accomplished?
* You will have fun
* You will learn how to navigate the HHS campus
* You will learn important information from upper-classmen
* You will be introduced to your Link Leader who will help mentor you throughout the school year
* You will make new friends
For more information, questions, or concerns please contact:
Event Details: 480-279-7300/Transportation Details: email@example.com
Parchment.com for your Transcript Needs
Higley High School is proud to offer Parchment.com services for all of your transcript needs. For details on requesting transcripts please go to the Programs/Services tab, choose the Registration tab, and then choose the Requesting a High School Transcript tab.
ParentVue update for 2019/2020
Teacher assignments and schedules for students in K-8 the 2019/2020 school year will be available on ParentVUE at 5 p.m. July 17.
High school students will receive their class schedules during back-to-school events on their campuses.
If you are a family new to Higley Unified School District, you must visit your school office in person after July 8 to receive your ParentVUE log-in account information, which can be used only after the opening of ParentVUE.
Register My Athlete
In an attempt to streamline the athletic clearance process, Higley High School is going paperless. Using the enclosed instructions, you will now complete the athletic clearance packet electronically at Register My Athlete.com. All forms can be viewed and signed electronically, and additional required forms (i.e.-physical forms, etc.) can be uploaded to your account. Please follow the enclosed instructions to register your students for athletic clearance, for the 2016-2017 academic school year. If you have any questions, contact the technical support department from Register My Athlete, or contact the Athletic Department at (480) 279.7317
Follow us today on Social Media
The District maintains three social media accounts to celebrate school, student and staff accomplishments, as well as update the community on events. We invite you to join us!
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HigleyUnifiedSchoolDistrict
Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/higley365
and Tweet us at: http://www.twitter.com/higleydistrict
Should an emergency situation arise that impacts the school day please visit the school's website where a parent notification will be displayed to provide you with the most up-to-date information.