Support HUSD and receive up to a $400 AZ Tax Credit. Your tax dollar donations fund extra-curricular activities and opportunities for students. If you wish to make a donation, please see our Tax Credit page for more information.
Headlines & Features
Online Curriculum Log In Errors
Recently the district’s math curriculum company changed the log-in URL for students to access the curriculum online. The District updated the tab on the school sites, as well as the main home page.
If you previously bookmarked it on your computer(s), please delete the old URL. You may get the new one on the District home screen or your school website. Search for “math curriculum student login” button to access the new log-in and save it to your computer(s).
Click here for an explanation of the errors you may be receiving when trying to log in.
Changes to High School Bell Schedule
We anxiously await the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year and are looking forward to seeing our students return to the campus. With the beginning of this school year, we want to inform you of two changes to our schedule.
Wednesday Late Starts
Every Wednesday, classes will start at 7:40 a.m. This will allow our teachers to meet in meaningful professional development to further enhance the curriculum for their individual subjects with their colleagues and allow time for cross-curricular collaboration, additional tutoring opportunities, and club meetings. This additional fifteen minutes will have a definitive and a positive impact on student learning and engagement.
This does NOT impact transportation. Bus schedules will run normally. Students who arrive on campus before 7:40 a.m. will have several opportunities (listed below).
Some items to keep in mind
- This will be each Wednesday of the school year except for the following Wednesdays designated as half-days for the high schools: August 28, 2019, September 25, 2019, November 27, 2019, Decemeber 18, 2019, January 29, 2020, February 26, 2020 and May 20, 2020.
- Bus pick up and drop off at school will not change.
- A Hour/Zero Hour classes will still meet every Wednesday starting at 6:25 a.m.
- Clubs will be able to meet prior to the beginning of the school day.
- Teachers will have additional opportunities to tutor students who may need additional help.
- Counselors and the career center will be open to help with completion of ECAP and scholarship applications.
- The cafeteria will be open for breakfast and/or snacks prior to the start of the school day.
- The warning bell will ring at 7:35 a.m., with the late bell ringing at 7:40 a.m. signaling the start of the school day.
Change in the Number of Designated Class Periods
- We have run a schedule in the past that contained seven designated periods. This year we will have eight periods.
- This places us in compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes regarding the designation of lunch and class periods.
- Lunches will be given a period designation. Students will be assigned either 4th-hour lunch/A lunch or 5th hour lunch/B lunch. The 30-minute lunch time allocation will not change.
- Time spent in class will not change. Instructional minutes will remain the same.
- The regular last class of the day, which concludes at 2:15 p.m., will be designated as 7th-hour period, while the extended 8th-hour period will release at 3:15 p.m.
Bell schedules will be posted on the website prior to the start of the school year.
Parchment.com for your Transcript Needs
Higley High School is proud to offer Parchment.com services for all of your transcript needs. For details on requesting transcripts please go to the Programs/Services tab, choose the Registration tab, and then choose the Requesting a High School Transcript tab.
All HUSD families should sign up for a ParentVue account. This allows parents to view student grades and absences, as well as see – when they are posted – class schedules and teacher information. The district also uses ParentVue during class selection times at the middle schools and high schools.
Sign up requires an IN PERSON visit to the school office. If you already have a ParentVue account, and your child is moving from one HUSD school to another, no action is required. The updated information will appear when it is available.
If you have questions, please contact your school's office.
Register My Athlete
In an attempt to streamline the athletic clearance process, Higley High School is going paperless.
Using the enclosed instructions, you will now complete the athletic clearance packet electronically at RegisterMyAthlete.com. All forms can be viewed and signed electronically, and additional required forms (i.e.-physical forms, etc.) can be uploaded to your account.
Please follow the enclosed instructions to register your students for athletic clearance, for the 2019-2020 academic school year. If you have any questions, contact the technical support department from Register My Athlete, or contact the Athletic Department at 480.279.7317
Follow us today on Social Media
The District maintains three social media accounts to celebrate school, student and staff accomplishments, as well as update the community on events. We invite you to join us!
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HigleyUnifiedSchoolDistrict
Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/higley365
and Tweet us at: http://www.twitter.com/higleydistrict
Should an emergency situation arise that impacts the school day please visit the school's website where a parent notification will be displayed to provide you with the most up-to-date information.