Welcome to Higley Virtual AcademyHigley Virtual Academy (HVA) is Higley Unified School District's online, comprehensive program for students in K-12. Students will receive an accredited, tuition-free, high-quality online education, without having to physically go to a classroom. Please note that students will have to report to a site location for state testing.
Offered through the Higley Unified School District in Gilbert, Arizona, HVA is designed to provide a school choice option that meets the needs of our students and families. HVA will provide a comprehensive curriculum of both depth and breadth and rigor through courses that are aligned with Arizona Standards, including the College and Career Ready Standards in Mathematics and the English Language Arts.
- Courses including literacy (reading, writing and literature), mathematics, science and social studies, with correlations to the current Arizona State Standards and the Arizona College and Career Ready Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics and the current Arizona standards in Science and Social Studies.
- Carefully sequenced curricula lead to mastery of the Arizona standards as measured by state tests and prepare students for success in high school courses and postsecondary work, technical school or college.
- Courses designed to allow teachers to individualize instruction.
- A select number of Honors and AP courses will be available for students who qualify.
- Online interim assessments for grades K-12 are aligned to end-of-year competencies in the Arizona Standards for each grade and provide prescriptions for coursework based on individual students’ needs.