5th Grade Math with Ms. Pierce
Welcome to the Triad with Ms. Pierce (Math), Mrs. Rae (ELA Reding and Science), and Ms. Timco (ELA Writing and Social Studies)!
Let me introduce myself, I am Ms. Pierce and I love teaching 5th grade! I graduated from NAU and have a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with a concentration in mathematics. I have spent much of my life being a teacher and mentor to students. I began teaching preschool in 2013 where I learned to truly appreciate the impact someone can have on the lives of young children. During my time at NAU I changed gears and began working with college students. I taught a freshmen course on transitioning to college as well as tutored students with disabilities such as ADHD, ASD, Dyslexia, and other processing disorders. I loved each of these roles as an educator, however I feel like I am truly where I am meant to be when teaching fifth grade.
One thing that I truly enjoy is traveling. During the summer of 2016 I spent one month volunteering in Tanzania, Africa building a schoolhouse for the community and teaching locals how to speak English. My trip to Africa taught me the importance of appreciating what we have and never taking anything for granted, especially our education system. My time in Africa is something I will hold close to my heart for the rest of my life.
A few of my favorites:
- Color: Purple and Teal
- Sport: Football
- Candy: Hershey's Chocolate, Cherry Pull-N-Peel Twizzlers
- Drink: Iced Sweet Tea and Coca-cola (I do NOT like coffee, crazy right!?)
- Resturant: Freddy's, Someburros, Babbo
- Hobby: Anything Crafty such as Painting or Scrapbooking
- Other: I love going to the movies, playing board games and the occasional video game, and most importantly I love spending time with family and my fiance Paul (we are getting married in June 2020).
Now you know a little about me, and I can't wait to get to know you!
Soon to be Mrs. Murray