Counselors, Human Resources and Public Relations have created several activities for you.
Take a momentActivity 1: Watch "Take a Moment"Activity 2: Participate in Yoga & MeditationChoose the Yoga/Meditation activity that best fits your schedule.
Activity 3: Breathe Boards
- Yoga For The Classroom - Yoga With Adriene: (10:47)
- Classroom Meditation: (8:17)
- Yoga for kids with animals by smile and learn:(4:12)
- Positive Energy Meditation (2:01)
- The Five Minute Miracle Meditations (5:33)
- Yoga at Your Desk (6:23)
Activity 4: Write down, rip up, and throw away your stress.
- Open the "breath activities" activity on your computer or print a copy: “breathing activity” sheets
- Trace the design with your finger slowly, taking a breath in or out depending on instructions.
- Do this for 1-2 minutes if you feel overwhelmed or stressed during the day.
Activity 5: Watch "Connecting with Others"Activity 6: Compliments and Praise
- Write down any concerns, expectations and insecurities, rip them up, and throw them away. Youngest students can draw pictures. Additional sheets can be found here.
Activity 7: Brain BreaksFind time for brain breaks during the day.Elementary:
- Encourage each other through messages, email and social media. Send out words of praise and well wishes to peers and teachers. If you use social media, tag Higley and on Twitter & Instagram, use the hashtag #HUSDStrongerTogether
- Brain Breaks - Action Songs for Children (4:00)
- GoNoodle Featuring Trolls: Can’t Stop the Feeling (3:21)
- Fitness Break Movement (5:23)
- Better when I'm Dancing (3:36)
- Can’t Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake | Zumba® | Live Love Party | Dance Fitness (3:58)
- Break with a partner (6:12)
- Brain Break Cardio Kickboxing (5:52)
- Student Project - Zumba Fitness Routine (3:09)
- Cheap thrills - Zumba with Meta (3:29)
- ZUMBA Dance Fitness Tutorial- Full Cardio (4:09)
- Zumba® "The Bruk Out Song" (Hip-Hop) (2:59)