Welcome to the 2020-2021 Wellness Week, December 7 - December 11. This week is a chance to remind everyone to "Take a moment" in the stress of upcoming exams, papers and holidays. Counselors, Student Services, Human Resources, and Public Relations have created several activities for you. These are just suggestions. Fill in your own activities to help make the week your own.
Take a momentActivity 1: Watch "Take a Moment"Activity 2: Participate in Yoga & MeditationChoose the Yoga/Meditation activity that best fits your schedule.
Activity 3: Breathe Boards
- Yoga For The Classroom - Yoga With Adriene: (10:47)
- Classroom Meditation: (8:17)
- Positive Energy Meditation (2:01)
- The Five Minute Miracle Meditations (5:33)
- Yoga at Your Desk (6:23)
Activity 4: Write down, rip up, and throw away your stress.
- Open the "breath activities" activity on your computer or print a copy: “breathing activity” sheets
- Trace the design with your finger slowly, taking a breath in or out depending on instructions.
- Do this for 1-2 minutes if you feel overwhelmed or stressed during the day.
Activity 5: Watch "Connecting with Others"Activity 6: Compliments and Praise
- Write down any concerns, expectations and insecurities, rip them up, and throw them away. Youngest students can draw pictures. Additional sheets can be found here.
Activity 7: Brain BreaksFind time for brain breaks during the day.Virtual Walks:Brain Gym Activities:Elementary:Secondary:
- Encourage each other through messages, email and social media. Send out words of praise and well wishes to peers and teachers. If you use social media, tag Higley and on Twitter & Instagram, use the hashtag #HUSDStrongerTogether
- Brain Gym Activity - Lazy 8s (3:37)
- Brain Gym Activty - Sit and Stretch (6:16)
- Brain Gym Activty - 6 Brain Exersises (2:51)