Class of 2020- this is your year!
Please make a habit of checking this page regularly for updates. Be sure you are keeping up with your deadlines and obligations in order to be ready for graduation on Thursday, May 21, 2020. Great resources for all of you will be firstname.lastname@example.org in the Career Center, email@example.com your senior counselor, and firstname.lastname@example.org the WFHS Administrative Assistant.
Frequently asked questions
1. What if I miss my order date? Orders will be accepted through December 1st with current pricing ($34.95 for a Cap and Gown set). Orders will be accepted on campus when Jostens is there or by mail sent to our location noted on the packet, or order online at www.jostens.com or call 1-800-567-8367.
2. How many announcements do I need? Announcements should be sent to everyone with whom you want to share this exciting milestone. Our Graduation packages are designed with small quantities of announcements so it’s easy to add additional announcements to give you just the right amount. Please be sure to order your student’s items with the name you would like printed on the name cards and other personal items. Please note, the official school announcement does need to be pre-ordered.
3. When will I receive my order? Tassels, back packs and Key Rings will be delivered at school on order day. Apparel, jewelry items, and memory books will be delivered to your home. Caps and gowns as well as graduation announcements and other paper products will be delivered at school this spring. We will send you further information regarding delivery as the day approaches.
4. When is my balance due? If you order with a down payment/deposit, you will be invoiced via e-mail. Please provide an accurate e-mail address. We ask that your final payment is made before March 1st. Orders will be held for any accounts with a balance due.
5. Questions? Call 1-800-Jostens (1-800-567-8367)
Jostens campus dates:
9-17 senior orders at lunch in the cafeteria
11-14 senior orders at lunch
12-13 senior orders at lunch
3-27 senior announcement delivery
5-7 cap and gown delivery
ASU Wells Fargo Arena, 600 E. Veteran’s Way, Tempe, AZ 85281
- Thursday, May 21st, 2020 at 2:30 PM, ASU’s Wells Fargo Arena.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 2:30 PM. Graduates need to report to Wells Fargo Arena at the West entrance no later than 1:30 PM for check-in and line-up.
- Parking is available in ASU Lot 59.
- Guests will be admitted starting at 1:30 PM through the North, South, and East entrances.
- Tickets are not required as there is plenty of seating at the arena.
- To enhance public safety and make access more efficient, Sun Devil Stadium and Wells Fargo Arena have adopted a clear bag policy. Guests may bring in one clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a 1-gallon plastic storage bag. Guests are limited to one clear bag per person, along with a small clutch or purse for privacy. For more information and a list of prohibited items, please visit thesundevils.com.
- All in attendance will pass through a metal detector this year, as this is a new procedure
GRADUATION DRESS REQUIREMENTS
- Seniors who choose to participate in the graduation ceremony are expected to dress appropriately. Appropriate attire for the gentlemen includes dress pants, dress shirt, tie and dress shoes. Appropriate attire for the ladies includes dress slacks with a blouse or a dress with dress shoes. Cut-off shorts, tennis shoes, deck shoes and ‘flip-flops’ are not considered appropriate attire.
- All students must have a Williams Field gown, cap, and tassel purchased from Jostens this school year. Gowns may not be altered in any way.
- Caps may not be altered in any way. Only tassels will be allowed on caps. They will be inspected just prior to processional.
- Leis of any kind are not permitted. Please have family/friends hold them until after the ceremony.
- Students will not be allowed to carry any personal items into the arena such as purses, cameras, keys, cell phones. Please leave them at home or with family/friends attending. There is no place to store anything.
AFTER THE CEREMONY
- We will have a formal recessional (exit)
- Students will exit the arena starting with the back row and working towards the front of the arena.
- Students will exit through the west tunnel, walk up the ramp, and proceed all the way out to the south side of Wells Fargo Arena to meet their families.
- Family and friends will not be allowed on the floor of the arena at any time.
Official senior transcripts will be available on Parchment in June of 2020. Seniors should establish a Parchment account by April 2020 and put an order in for a final transcript. This will generate a transcript to the student after all grades are final in June.