Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 2:30pm. Wells Fargo Arena (ASU)
Class of 2019!
It is our wish and our goal to help make your Senior year a huge success. This page will contain important dates and information for you as the year progresses. Please check the page often so that you are up to speed and ready for graduation in May 2019.
Our graduation announcements, class rings, cap and gown sets will be sold through Jostens this year. We are very excited to be getting you graduation-ready with a great partner.
If you have not ordered your cap and gown set please be sure to do that as soon as possible. At this time all orders must be placed online at Jostens.com
- March 29, 2019- delivery of ordered graduation announcements
- May 8, 2019- delivery of ordered cap and gown sets
Please read your Senior Letter and note all the events leading up to your commencment May 23, 2019.
Any items not picked up while Jostens is on campus will be available for collection with Kathrine Buchanan in the Front Office. If you are picking up unpaid orders from Ms. Buchanan you must pay in full with cash. No credit cards or checks will be accepted outside of Jostens' delivery times.More details regarding graduation 2019 will be announced at a later date, but you can read up on some Wells Fargo guidelines for your ceremony below:
Message from Wells Fargo Arena to Assist Your Planning
High School Graduation represents the culmination of a student’s academic achievement. It is a time of celebration and reflection for students, family, friends, faculty and staff. It brings together a diverse community to share the joy of accomplished goals. Graduation is a special event for all involved. Please show respect for everyone who has come to share in the experience. Individuals who engage in inappropriate or disruptive behavior may be removed from the event.
WELLS FARGO SPECIAL SERVICES
- Lost and Found is located in room 116
- First Aid Station will be located in section #15
- Handicapped seating is available in the arena. First come, first served
- Restrooms and Concessions are available around the concourse
- The doors to the Wells Fargo Arena open one hour prior to the graduation ceremony
- The event is open to the public.
- Parents, family and friends will not be allowed on the floor at any time before, during or after the ceremony.
- Security at Wells Fargo may be conducting “searches” of all students and adults entering the facility as they would for a regular ASU sponsored event.
- See the following lists for items that will and won’t be allowed in the arena.
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE ARENA
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags (no larger than 4.5" x 6.5") with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the venue
- Medically necessary items after proper inspection at gates
- Factory sealed water bottles 51 oz. / 1.5 liters or smaller
- Empty non-disposable plastic water bottles • Small retractable umbrellas
- Umbrella strollers
- Service animals
- Seat cushions and chair backs must be 18" or less in width (No pockets, zippers, compartments, or covers)
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE ARENA
- Soft or hard sided coolers, ice chests
- Glass or metal containers
- Outside beverages
- Use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and smokeless cigarettes/tobacco
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 6" or video cameras
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks for cameras/phones
- Full size strollers
- Backpacks, diaper bags and other similar bags will not be allowed
- Bikes, skateboards, scooters, hover boards, long boards
- Large golf umbrellas
- Pitchforks (wood, metal, plastic)
- Sticks, poles or similar objects that can be used as a weapon
- Weapons of any kind including those carried with permit
- Fireworks, drones or laser pointers
- Artificial noisemakers (Example: air horns, thunderstix, musical instruments, cans filled with contents, whistles, cow bells or any other item used to make artificial noise)
- No pets/animals
To enhance public safety and make stadium access more efficient, Sun Devil Athletics adopted a Clear Bag Policy. Guests may bring in one (1) clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a 1-gallon plastic storage bag. Fans are limited to one clear bag per person, along with a small clutch or purse for privacy. Staff from the ASU Bookstore will be on hand selling bags should you need them.