Congratulations Parents/Guardians of a graduating Black Hawk!
There is currently a lot of construction occurring around the ASU campus and stadium so please allow extra time in case traffic is congested.
- 9th Street & 11th Street west of Mill Avenue: Electrical upgrades for traffic signals may cause intermittent turn restrictions/closures.
- Gammage Curve/Apache Blvd: Work continues in the Gammage curve. Palm tree relocation from center island to Birchett park is expected to begin mid-week. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Apache Blvd from Rural Road to Cedar Street: Road widening work begins near Terrace Boulevard and concrete preparation work for the Overhead Catenary System foundations continues. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions, metered parking restrictions and possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Rio Salado Parkway: Road widening efforts continue along the north side of Rio Salado Parkway with first round of base paving occurring this weekend. Road widening efforts along the south side of the roadway near ASU parking lot 59 is also beginning.
- Downtown Mill Avenue: Track installation began on Mill Avenue between University Drive and Rio Salado Parkway on May 13.
Below are a few reminders concerning graduation. We look forward to celebrating the numerous accomplishments of graduates. Go Black Hawks!
Prior to the graduation ceremony, seniors will practice commencement, on Wednesday, May 22nd at 11:00 AM. Attendance at graduation practice is mandatory. Seniors are expected to arrive on time and stay for the duration of the practice. Seniors must dress appropriately in compliance with the district and school dress code.
ASU Wells Fargo Arena, 600 E. Veteran’s Way, Tempe, AZ 85281
- Thursday, May 23rd, 2019 at 2:30 PM, ASU’s Wells Fargo Arena.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 2:30 PM. Graduates need to report to Wells Fargo Arena at the West entrance no later than 1:30 PM for check-in and line-up.
- Parking is available in ASU Lot 59.
- Guests will be admitted starting at 1:30 PM through the North, South, and East entrances.
- Tickets are not required as there is plenty of seating at the arena.
- To enhance public safety and make access more efficient, Sun Devil Stadium and Wells Fargo Arena have adopted a clear bag policy. Guests may bring in one clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a 1-gallon plastic storage bag. Guests are limited to one clear bag per person, along with a small clutch or purse for privacy. For more information and a list of prohibited items, please visit thesundevils.com.
- All in attendance will pass through a metal detector this year, as this is a new procedure
GRADUATION DRESS REQUIREMENTS
- Seniors who choose to participate in the graduation ceremony are expected to dress appropriately. Appropriate attire for the gentlemen includes dress pants, dress shirt, tie and dress shoes. Appropriate attire for the ladies includes dress slacks with a blouse or a dress with dress shoes. Cut-off shorts, tennis shoes, deck shoes and ‘flip-flops’ are not considered appropriate attire.
- All students must have a Williams Field gown, cap, and tassel purchased from Jostens this school year. Gowns may not be altered in any way.
- Caps may not be altered in any way. Only tassels will be allowed on caps. They will be inspected just prior to processional.
- Leis of any kind are not permitted. Please have family/friends hold them until after the ceremony.
- Students will not be allowed to carry any personal items into the arena such as purses, cameras, keys, cell phones. Please leave them at home or with family/friends attending. There is no place to store anything.
AFTER THE CEREMONY
- We will have a formal recessional (exit)
- Students will exit the arena starting with the back row and working towards the front of the arena.
- Students will exit through the west tunnel, walk up the ramp, and proceed all the way out to the south side of Wells Fargo Arena to meet their families.
- Family and friends will not be allowed on the floor of the arena at any time.
Official senior transcripts will be available on Parchment by June 17th at 6 PM. Please see our website for more information.