Coronado offers a free Mandarin Dual Language Program (中文沉浸式教学) for Kindergarten through sixth-grade students for the 2020/2021 school year.
Some of the proven benefits of acquiring second language
• High proficiency in the mandarin language
• Performance on English standardized tests meets or exceeds non-immersion students
• Promotes greater cognitive flexibility, increased attention control, better memory, and superior problem solving skills
• Enhanced understanding of primary language
• Increased cultural sensitivity
• Better prepared for the future in a global society
How does it work?
Students in the Mandarin Dual Language Immersion Program will receive instruction in both Mandarin Chinese and English during their school day. K-3rd grade students will receive Math and Science instruction taught by a certified teacher who is also a native Mandarin speaker. English Language Arts and Social Studies are taught by an English speaking teacher with math and science reinforcement. 4th-6th grade students will receive Social Studies and Science instruction by certified teacher who is also a native Mandarin speaker. English Language arts and Math are taught by an English speaking teacher with Social Studies and Science reinforcement.
The students also participate in all other programs at Coronado, including music, physical education, the art, after-school options and more.
During open hours, Coronado Elementary school tours are held every Thursdays between 9:00 - 11:00 a.m..
To schedule an appointment, please call the front office at (480) 279-6900.
*Students who will be in 3rd grade or higher will take a school evaluation in Chinese Language Arts to determine placement.
Lina Hurtado 李娜lina.email@example.com
Mandarin Dual Language Program 中文沉浸式教学