Coronado offers a free Mandarin Dual Language Program (中文沉浸式教学) for Kindergarten through sixth-grade students for the 2020/2021 school year.
Some of the proven benefits of acquiring second language
• High proficiency in the mandarin language
• Performance on English standardized tests meets or exceeds non-immersion students
• Promotes greater cognitive flexibility, increased attention control, better memory, and superior problem solving skills
• Enhanced understanding of primary language
• Increased cultural sensitivity
• Better prepared for the future in a global society
How does it work?
Students in the Mandarin Dual Language Immersion Program will receive instruction in both Mandarin Chinese and English during their school day. 50% of the day subjects are taught in English and 50% of the day subjects are taught in the partner language, Mandarin.
The students also participate in all other programs at Coronado, including music, physical education, the art, after-school options and more.
During open hours, Coronado Elementary school tours are held every Thursdays between 9:00 - 11:00 a.m..
To schedule an appointment, please call the front office at (480) 279-6900.
Instructional Coach Dual Language/World Language
Mandarin Dual Language Program 中文沉浸式教学