Online Registration: Frequently Asked Questions

  • I do not have a ParentVUE login. How do I create an account?

    If you have never had a student in the Higley Unified School District (including preschool), you will need to create a new account: ParentVUE Create a New Account. Click Create a New Account under the More Options area and follow the steps to create a new account.

    If you are an existing parent in the District but never had a ParentVUE account, you will need an activation key to create an account. Please contact the school office to obtain an activation key. This key can be used to activate your account on ParentVUE (

  • I have an existing ParentVUE account. Where do I go to access Online Registration?

    You can go to Online Enrollment ( and sign in with your ParentVUE username and password.

  • I forgot my password. How do I reset my password?

    ParentVUE Password Reset ( You will be prompted to provide your User ID or email address. An email with a reset link with then be email to you. If you do not receive this email within 30 minutes, please reach out to your student’s school for assisting in resetting your password.

  • Can I enroll my student(s) to begin this school year and for the upcoming school year?

    Yes, although Online Registration only allows registration to be completed one year at a time. Parents will not be able to access the next year’s registration until the submitted first year registration has been processed by the school office.

  • I have more than one child. Can I enroll them all through Online Registration?

    Yes, Online Registration is available for Kindergarten through 12th-grade students.

    New student? Find your neighborhood school by using the district’s school boundary maps and enroll online by creating a new ParentVUE account.

    Some important information to have on hand: your child's proof of age and identity, proof of residency and immunization records. You will have the opportunity to upload these documents during the registration process.

    Returning student? Online Registration is accessed through ParentVUE ( If you don't have a ParentVUE account, please call your student's school office for an activation key. If your child previously attended a Higley District school but are currently not attending, please use the returning parent button.

  • How will I know the status of my registration?

    Emails will be sent to the enrolling parent at different stages of the Online Registration. Additionally, by logging in to the Online Enrollment system ( you can see the status of pending and completed registrations.

  • Why is my electronic signature required?

    The electronic signature certifies that you are either the parent or guardian of the enrolling student and that the information in the registration is true, accurate, and up to date. It also allows you to grant the Higley Unified School District staff permission, in an emergency, to take your child to the closest emergency center for treatment in the event you cannot be reached. It is understood that the nurse will try to reach the parent(s) and other persons listed before arranging for transportation to an emergency facility.

  • Can I upload documents through Online Registration, or do they have to be submitted as a hard copy?

    Documents can be uploaded at the end of the online registration process or hand delivered to the school office during regular business hours. IMPORTANT NOTE: Proof of Residency MUST be uploaded, or hand delivered to the school office before the student begins attending school or before the registration is accepted.

  • What do I have to submit to show proof of custody or guardianship?

    Legal guardianship or custody papers are necessary, if applicable to this student based on the following scenarios:

    • If an adoption has taken place, it is reflected with an amended birth certificate, and student lives with adoptive parents as listed on the amended birth certificate, that is sufficient.
    • If student lives with one custodial parent as the result of a divorce.
    • If the student lives with anyone else, i.e. grandparents, aunt, uncle, sibling, friends or other relatives. We must have a photocopy of the court papers granting guardianship within 30 days of registration.
  • Why do I have to provide emergency contacts?

    Emergency contacts are contacts other than the parents/guardians who are authorized to collect the student from the facility in case of emergency or if the parent cannot be contacted.

  • What if I don't have anyone to list as an emergency contact?

    All Kindergarten through 12th-grade students must have at least one emergency contact other than the parent. If a person is not available, then enter the local police department or Department of Child Safety. All preschool students must have at least two emergency contacts other than the parents/guardians. If two persons are not available, then enter the local police department and Department of Child Safety. (Pursuant to R9-5-304.B.)

  • Why are there multiple school options for each student?

    Parents have the option to select a first choice and a second choice school. If, for some reason, the first choice school cannot process the online registration application, then the application is forwarded to the second school and the registration process can continue. This is typically used when applying for open enrollment or applying to join a specialized program within a school (i.e. a language immersion pathway).

  • Do I have to select more than one choice school?

    No, a second choice school does not have to be selected.

  • If I live outside of the school or district boundaries, do I need to complete a separate Open Enrollment Application first?

    No, as a part of the online registration process the questions on the Open Enrollment Application are covered. However, applying for an open enrollment will require more documentation to be uploaded or turned in to the requested school before it is processed.

  • Who do I contact if I have an issue during the online registration process?

    The school office staff can assist you through the online registration during office hours. Parents can call, email or visit the school during regular business hours. Each school’s contact information can be found on the School Directory (

  • Do I have to complete the entire online registration process at once?

    No, once a parent has begun the online registration and has set their User ID and Password, they can login or logout and continue the registration process later. All information entered will be saved upon logout.

  • Can I print the entire registration form once completed?

    Yes, Parents can review and print the student’s completed form before submitting. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please review the completed form and make any changes before hitting submit.

  • When can I access ParentVUE?

    ParentVUE is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, there may be times when the system is unavailable due to system updates.

  • Is Online Registration available on the ParentVUE mobile app?

    No, Online Registration is not accessible on the mobile app.

  • Do I have to enroll my child through the online registration?

    No, paper registration packets are available upon request at the school office or can be downloaded from here.