Updates From Our Universities as it Relates to COVID19
From Our Rep at Arizona State University:
We have moved to virtual on campus visits and events. Students can register at tours.asu.edu for a virtual visit. Our office is currently working remotely but we are offering students/parents the opportunity to schedule one on one phone calls or Zoom meetings with us. Students/parents can sign up here: https://calendly.com/taylor-piazza-1.
I encourage students/parents to call/email me at 480-727-1480 or email@example.com
From Our Rep at Northern Arizona University:
- We have extended our “accept your offer” date to June 1st.
- We are offering a variety of ways to meet with me (admissions rep), see an admissions presentation, and tour campus all online.
- NAU Virtual Tour – virtual tour
- 1:1 appointments may be requested through me – parents and families can sign up to meet via video call or phone call regarding next steps or if they have questions about anything. Students/families may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment or if they have any questions.
- Livecast Virtual Campus Tour - offered Monday through Friday at 9:00AM, 10:30AM, and 2:00PM: https://nau.edu/admission/daily-campus-tours/#
From Our Rep at University of Arizona:
Our Office of Undergraduate Admissions is now working remotely. While we are remote, we remain available 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday to ensure students are supported and continue to make their transition to us in the Fall as seamless as possible.
Few quick and important reminders that you may have heard, but are worth repeating:
- All tours including upcoming Arizona Experience dates and Admitted Students Day has been cancelled. Students can however check out our Virtual Visit which offers an online tour and videos that feature our students’ favorite parts of campus.
- Both the Application Deadline and Enrollment Fee Deadline have been extended to June 1st.
- The enrollment fee refund deadline has been extended to June 1st.
- We will accept scores from the new June 6, SAT and June 13, ACT for merit scholarship consideration.
- We are proceeding ahead with current plans for on-campus Orientation. If things change, we’ll let you know, but we expect to be able to offer on-campus orientations this summer as scheduled.
Students are still able to call, email, or even set up an appointment time with me to do a video call via Zoom. Thank you all for everything that you do for us and your students and please stay healthy and safe during this time. BEAR DOWN.
Ellen Cyrier, M.Ed. Senior Coordinator, Undergraduate Recruitment
From Our Rep at Grand Canyon University:
In light of the current situation, Grand Canyon University hopes that you and your family are staying safe and healthy. We are excited to share that GCU is still here for you as your college search continues. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to take a tour of our beautiful college campus. We are happy to offer you this experience virtually and from the comfort of your own home. Our virtual GCU Live tours are free and easily accessible. This tour will give you chance to see campus ‘LIVE’ while you interact with a tour guide/set of panelists. We will be offering different time slots throughout the day at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., so please select a time that best fits your schedule below. Click here for virtual tour.
Admissions & Scholarships:
Our applications are still open and there is plenty of opportunity for merit based scholarship. Head to apply.gcu.edu to apply!
If you have any questions, please let me know. Though we are currently working remotely, I would still love to meet with you and your family through a phone call or Zoom. I will remain available Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm. Lopes Up!
Lindsey Stone 480-298-1991 Lindsey.Stone@gcu.edu
From Chandler Gilbert Community College:We know you have many questions and concerns as we transition to a new learning format in the wake of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Student success is one of our guiding principles at Chandler-Gilbert, so we want to provide you with as many resources as possible to ease the uncertainties during this time. One of these resources is our Virtual Enrollment Team accessible via texts. Your texted questions will be automatically directed to the correct department where a helpful staff member can assist you. Click here for more informaion.
From Our Rep at Utah State University:
In the Aggie family, we take care of each other - especially when times get hard. For this reason, USU is extending our academic scholarship deadline for new students. Our new deadline is June 1, 2021.
If students have already been admitted to USU, we will take updated transcripts and test scores. If they qualify for a higher academic award, we will update their scholarship.
The Admissions Office will also be hosting a series of virtual events entitled What’s Next Wednesdays. These events are tailored towards incoming freshman, regardless of where they choose to attend USU. If you will please share this link with your students and parents, we would appreciate it
We hope you are all healthy and safe. Registration for fall semester is now open, so we are encouraging students to continue through orientation modules.
Stay safe! Go Aggies!