* Have the music store or your orchestra teacher measure for the correct size. Please do not purchase a cheap brand, as they are frustrating for students to learn with. It is much more cost efficient to rent rather than purchase, especially since most kids are not ready for a full size instrument yet.
- Shoulder Rest (for violin and viola) OR End Pin Anchor (for cello and bass)
- Essential Elements for Strings – Book 1 for 5th grade, Book 2 for 6th grade
* Check that it’s for the correct instrument
- Soft Cleaning Cloth (microfiber or cotton)
- Pencil – Always keep one in your instrument case!
- Luggage Tag (attach to instrument case)
- Index Cards, 16 count
- Optional: Music Stand (for at home)
* Note: Some music stores will try to sell you a pre-packaged starter kit. It is recommended to avoid these because they come with a sponge instead of a shoulder rest and an instrument polish that can damage the lacquer finish of the wood over time.
* Note: Please let Mrs. Asay know if you need any help, financially or otherwise, finding materials.