Welcome to Orchestra!
I'm very excited to get back to a new year of orchestra! Below please find the list of required supplies. Please pay special attention to No. 2 below. Please, do not buy a string instrument for cheap online from a site like Amazon or other big box stores. Especially if they are pink, purple, blue, green, or some other wacky color that a violin should never be. You and your child will definitely not be happy with it.
Each day, students are required to bring:
- A Pencil
Required Orchestra Supplies:
In order to be successful playing their instrument, students will need the following supplies:
1. Essential Elements, Book 1 - For your specific instrument
2. An Instrument - Instruments can be rented from a local music store, or from the school. Please do not buy an inexpensive instrument from a big box retailer or Amazon.
3. Rosin - Available at a local music store or online
4. Cleaning Cloth - Simply a small, dry, microfiber cloth. NO POLISH!
5. Violin/Viola - Shoulder Rest (I recommend the Everest Shoulder Rest), Cello - Floor Stop (chair strap or rubber stop works fine)
If there's any reason, financially or other, please reach out and I will do what I can to get your child everything they will need. No child should have to miss out on musical opportunities due to financial or other hardships.
Optional Supplies - Great for birthday/christmas gifts!
1. Music Stand - Helps keep music up and easy to see during practice sessions
2. Metronome - Helps keep your kids playing at a steady tempo
3. Tuner - Used to keep our strings playing in tune
4. Extra Strings - Because strings will break
5. Shoulder Strap for case - Because kids don't like carrying things