Benefits Information for ApplicantsHigley Unified School District #60 is very proud to offer Teachers and Staff a benefits package that exceeds the standard within our community. The HR Benefits Office is a valuable resource for assisting HUSD employees in making informed benefits decisions. We encourage all employees to take advantage of these services.Benefits Offered & EligibilityEmployees are generally eligible for benefits if they are a regular employee working a minimum of 30 hours per week. Some benefits are also available for employees that work 20 hours or more per week. This is a general overview of the available benefit options. Your benefits are effective the first day of the month following 30 calendar work days.
Remember, you only have 31 days from hire date to enroll for benefits!
- Medical Insurance: 3 PPO and 1 HDHP Plan
- Dental Insurance: 1 PPO Plan and 1 Pre-Paid DHMO Plan
- Vision Insurance: 1 HMO Plan
- Basic Life Insurance: $50,000 term life
- Optional Life Insurance: Based on selected amounts
- Income Continuation: Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program: Worklife resources and referrals, solution-focused counseling and legal & financial consultations for you and your family.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Unreimbursed Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
- Paid Holidays: Designated holidays by the School District
- Workers Compensation: For work related injury or illness
- Retirement Plan: ASRS employee contributions matched by the District
- Tax sheltered Annuity Retirement Savings: Over 15 reputable vendors
- Leave Plans: Vacation, general, jury duty, military leave, bereavement, FML
- Kids Club: Before and after school employee discount
- Employee Discounts: Various discounts for services, products and entertainment
For a complete list and determination of eligibility, you should contact the HR Benefits Office at (480) 279-7181