Parent Involvement Policy
Chaparral Elementary will involve parents in regular, two-way, meaningful communication addressing student achievement and ensuring:
- That parents play an integral role in assisting their child's learning.
- That parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child's education.
- That parents are full partners in their child's education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
In compliance with Section 1118(a) (2), of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), Chaparral Elementary agrees to implement required statutory requirements to involve parents in the Title 1 program which the following practices have been established:
- The school convenes an annual meeting to inform parents of Title 1 students about Title 1 requirements and about the right of parents to be involved in the Title 1 program.
- The school offers a flexible number of meetings for Title 1 parents, such as meetings in the morning or afternoon.
- The school involves parents of Title 1 students in an organized, ongoing, and timely way, in the planning, review, and improvement of the school's Title 1 programs and the Title 1 parental involvement policy.
- The school provides parents of Title 1 students with timely information about Title 1 programs.
- The school provides parents of Title 1 students with an explanation of the curriculum used at the school, the assessments used to measure student progress, and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet.
- If requested by parents of Title 1 students, the school provides opportunities for regular meetings that allow the parents to participate in decisions relating to the education of their children.