Registration Deadline- September 10, 2021
Williams Field is proud to offer a variety of dual enrollment courses and currently, your student is in one or more courses that meet the qualifications. There are many advantages to dual enrollment including earned college credit with a grade of a "C" or higher, transferable credit to many institutions both in and out of state, and preparation for college-level work while still enjoying the benefits of high school. If you are interested in having your student take their courses for dual enrollment credit, please follow the directions listed below to ensure that your student is appropriately registered.
Please view the Dual Enrollment course list to determine what courses your student can take.
- Please check the following when you identify the course: class name, instructor name, and course ID
- i.If your student's teacher is not listed, the course is not offered as a dual enrollment class under that instructor currently.
- The course ID is what will be used to register for the appropriate section.
- Has your student already taken a course through Maricopa Community Colleges or have they taken a dual enrollment course in the past? Use the green directions for reenrolling students and use this linkto add a class to start the registration process. First time enrolling in a dual enrollment course? Use the red directions for new students and use this link to start registration!
- Once your student has received their MEID, please make note of it in a convenient place. It will be reused in future courses!
- Get stuck in the process? Jasmine Mercado is our dual enrollment liaison that is on campus at Williams Field on Mondays, Wednesdays, and every other Friday. She is happy to call, make appointments, etc. to ensure your student successfully enrolls. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online self-enrollment must be completed by Friday, September 10th.
- Finally, please review the attached FAQ and explore the resources on the CGC dual enrollment website: https://www.cgc.edu/admissions/high-school-students/dual-enrollment.
Below, you can find some helpful links to FAQ that we have compiled to assist in the completion of the registration process.
- Juniors & Seniors only: Upload GPAto meet prerequisites
- 9-12 grade: take the placement test(s) online at edready.org
Pay tuition and fees (due at time of registration)
- Pay in full or set up a payment plan online at maricopa.edu. Pay over thephone at 480-732-7312
For any questions regarding Williams Field High School Dual Enrollment please contact:
- CGCC Dual Enrollment Department at email@example.com
- CGCC Advisor at WFHS Jasmine Mercado at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Principal Kristin Koke at email@example.com
Please make sure to reach out with any questions, concerns, or clarification so your student can experience the benefits of dual enrollment and we can support you throughout this process.
What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual Enrollment is an opportunity for eligible high school students to earn lower-division college credit during their regular high school classes. The credits students earn through dual enrollment are treated the same as regular college credit, i.e. they can be transferred to other Maricopa Community Colleges, Arizona’s state universities, and even some out-of-state colleges. Students will be establishing a college academic record and will be required to report such enrollment to future colleges or universities.
Higley Unified School District partners with Chandler-Gilbert Community College to offer Dual Enrollment credit for academic and occupational classes.
Jasmine Mercado, College Advisor from Chandler Gilbert Community College is here to help. She is also available to answer any questions you have for students interested in attending CGCC after high school. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is also in the Career Center Mondays and Wednesdays.
What to expect from Dual EnrollmentDual Enrollment courses are held on high school campuses and are taught by high school instructors who have met community college hiring qualifications. Through Dual Enrollment we strive to ease the transition from high school to college and to increase the number of college-bound high school students in our community.Dual enrollment students receive a grade and credit for work completed throughout the year. These credits usually transfer to your college of choice as direct course equivalents. Chandler-Gilbert Community College and the Maricopa County Community Colleges District have agreements with the three Arizona state universities, as well as many out-of-state colleges, to accept dual enrollment class credit. Students should confirm credit transfer policies with the college/university of their choice for the most up-to-date information.