Higley Unified School District provides dual language/immersion program in both Spanish and Mandarin for elementary students. This program begins in kindergarten and rolls up through sixth grade, allowing students to enter middle school and high school with additional skills and the opportunity to take higher-level classes. Students older than kindergarten who wish to start in the program may be eligible. Space is limited. Inquire today for information.Tour information
Coronado Elementary School will be host informational tours every Thursdays between 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. by appointment only for those interested in our school and our mandarin program. To schedule an appointment, please call the front office at 480.279.6900.
San Tan Elementary will host informational tours every Thursday at 9:00 a.m. starting November 14, 2019.
All tours include a 30 minute presentation on the benefits and framework of the program as well as a 30 minute tour of the facility and classrooms. Due to the classroom visits, we do limit the number of families that can attend each Thursday. Please RSVP: 480.279.7200Some of the proven benefits of acquiring second language
- High proficiency in the second language (Spanish or Mandarin)
- Performance on English standardized tests meets or exceeds non-immersion students
- Promotes greater cognitive flexibility, increased attention control, better memory, and superior problem solving skills
- Enhanced understanding of primary language
- Increased cultural sensitivity
- Better prepared for the future in a global society