Higley High Graduating Seniors and Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2022,
We are excited to announce our Higley High School Graduation Ceremony will be held at ASU’s Desert Financial Arena on May 24, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
A cap and gown with tassel from Jostens is our required graduation uniform. If your senior has not yet ordered, please do so asap in order to have your senior receive his/her cap and gown at school on delivery day.
Please go to the link below to place your order for cap/gown/announcements
Go to www.jostens.com or call 1-800-JOSTENS
Frequently asked questions
- What if I miss my order date? order online at www.jostens.com or call 1-800-567-8367.
- How many announcements do I need? Announcements should be sent to everyone with whom you want to share this exciting milestone. Our Graduation packages are designed with small quantities of announcements so it’s easy to add additional announcements to give you just the right amount. Please be sure to order your student’s items with the name you would like printed on the name cards and other personal items. Please note, the official school announcement does need to be pre-ordered.
- When will I receive my order? Keepsake tassels, back packs and Key Rings will be delivered at school on order day. Apparel, jewelry items, and memory books will be delivered to your home. Caps and gowns as well as graduation announcements and other paper products will be delivered at school this spring. We will send you further information regarding delivery as the day approaches.
- When is my balance due? If you order with a down payment/deposit, you will be invoiced via e-mail. Please provide an accurate e-mail address. We ask that your final payment is made before March 1st. Orders will be held for any accounts with a balance due.
- Questions? Call 1-800-Jostens (1-800-567-8367)
HHS Senior Meeting
We are so excited about celebrating our seniors. This year’s Senior Meeting is Wednesday, March 30th, during 3rd period, in the HCPA. This is a mandatory meeting for all seniors. Seniors will go to
third period for attendance and then proceed immediately to the HCPA. All items concerning senior responsibilities, graduation, senior clearance, cap and gown, and behavior expectations will be covered during this meeting.
Jostens Cap and Gown Delivery Day
Seniors pick up their cap and gown on Thursday, March, 31st at school during all lunches on the cafeteria stage.
MESSAGES FROM DESERT FINANCIAL ARENA
High School Graduation represents the culmination of a student’s academic achievement. It is a time of celebration and reflection for students, family, friends, faculty and staff. It brings together a diverse community to share the joy of accomplished goals. Graduation is a special event for all involved. Please show respect for everyone who has come to share in the experience. Individuals who engage in inappropriate or disruptive behavior may be removed from the event.
DESERT FINANCIAL SPECIAL SERVICES
- Lost and Found is located in room 116
- First Aid Station will be located in section #15
- Handicapped seating is available in the arena. First come, first served
- Restrooms and Concessions are available around the concourse
- The doors to the Desert Financial Arena open at 6:30pm, one hour prior to the graduation ceremony
- The event is open to the public.
- Parents, family and friends will not be allowed on the floor at any time before, during or after the ceremony.
- Security at Desert Financial Arena may be conducting “searches” of all students and adults entering the facility as they would for a regular ASU sponsored event.
- All spectators will pass through metal detectors prior to entering the arena.
- See the following lists for items that will and will not be allowed in the arena.
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE ARENA
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags (no larger than 4.5" x 6.5") with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the venue
- Medically necessary items after proper inspection at gates
- Factory sealed water bottles 51 oz. / 1.5 liters or smaller
- Empty non-disposable plastic water bottles • Small retractable umbrellas
- Umbrella strollers
- Service animals
- Seat cushions and chair backs must be 18" or less in width (No pockets, zippers, compartments, or covers)
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE ARENA
- Soft or hard sided coolers, ice chests
- Glass or metal containers
- Outside beverages
- Use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and smokeless cigarettes/tobacco
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 6" or video cameras
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks for cameras/phones
- Full size strollers
- Backpacks, diaper bags and other similar bags will not be allowed
- Bikes, skateboards, scooters, hover boards, long boards
- Large golf umbrellas
- Pitchforks (wood, metal, plastic)
- Sticks, poles or similar objects that can be used as a weapon
- Weapons of any kind including those carried with permit
- Fireworks, drones or laser pointers
- Artificial noisemakers (Example: air horns, thunderstix, musical instruments, cans filled with contents, whistles, cow bells or any other item used to make artificial noise)
- No pets/animals
To enhance public safety and make stadium access more efficient, Sun Devil Athletics adopted a Clear Bag Policy. Guests may bring in one (1) clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a 1-gallon plastic storage bag. Fans are limited to one clear bag per person, along with a small clutch or purse for privacy. Staff from the ASU Bookstore will be on hand selling bags should you need them.
Senior Awards Ceremony
Senior Awards Ceremony is May 3rd, 2022 in the Higley Center for Performing Arts at 6:00 p.m. The program will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. If you choose not to participate in the awards ceremony or if there is a change in your award, please contact Jackie Novak (480.279.7333) in the College and Career Center.
Please check your synergy account using parentVUE or studentVUE as soon as possible for errors regarding your name. How your name appears in synergy is how it will appear on your diploma. If it is incorrect, please contact Mrs. Scott (480.279.7312) or email firstname.lastname@example.org in the front office prior to April 1st.
Honor cords will be handed out at graduation practice. You must be present to pick them up. Only approved Honor Cords will be allowed.
NHS and Student Council Stoles
Stoles will be taken care of by the advisor. Please check with Mrs. Rima, Mrs. Lewandowski or Ms. Overacker. Please see the advisor for all information.
Final Exam Schedule
12th Grade Final Exam Schedules - Spring 2022
Thursday, May 19th - Finals in Periods 0,1,3,5
- No 6th hour Cooley Bus
- No EVIT transportation: EVIT Program ends 5/18
Friday, May 20th - Finals in periods 0,2,4,6
- No 6th hour Cooley Bus
- No EVIT transportation: EVIT Program ends 5/18
If you are planning on attending a four year University, Community College or vocational training program and the school requires final transcripts, you will use Parchment.com for your requests.
Senior Check Out
Seniors will receive check out forms in their English classes on May 17th. Any outstanding debts (including book, athletic, class fees, uniforms, lost books, etc.) must be paid in full in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Check with the bookstore now to see if you have any outstanding debts! Completed/signed form need to be turned into the bookstore no later than May 23rd at 3:00 p.m..
Graduation practice will be held at Higley High School on Tuesday, May 24th at 6:00 a.m. Practice is mandatory. If you are not at graduation practice, you may not participate in the ceremony. Do not bring your cap and gown to practice. Graduates with names that have difficult pronunciation, please see the name readers after practice.
The graduation ceremony will be Tuesday, May 24th. Students not present at call time (6:00 p.m.) will not be able to participate. If you are unable to attend graduation on the 24th please make arrangements to pick up your diploma after May 24th at the front desk during school office hours. All seniors are encouraged to participate in the commencement ceremony. Please contact Mrs. Novak if you will NOT be participating in graduation at 480-279-7333.
Appropriate Dress for Class of 2022 at Graduation Ceremonies
Students will NOT be allowed to carry any items with them (including food, drink, clothes hangers or flowers) onto the graduation floor.
NO electronic devices will be allowed with graduates at graduation. This includes cell phones, I-pods, cameras, etc.
Please leave all items with a family member before entering the building. Staff members will be taking unauthorized items. Confiscated items will be available at HHS front desk in the administration building the following day during office hours.
No tennis shoes, flip flops or shorts will be allowed.
Mortarboards (Caps) should not be altered in any way nor should anything (other than the appropriate tassel) be attached to or written on it. Only HHS-provided graduation apparel may be worn; no pins, flowers etc. allowed.
Any student who appears to be under the influence of a controlled substance will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony and fall under the jurisdiction of local police.
Since parents may not enter the arena floor, a professional photographer from Lou Coopey will be at the graduation ceremony to take a candid photograph of each graduate at the time the diploma is presented. You may place orders and obtain answers to questions at Lou Coopey Photography office. Since professional photographers will be available, arena staff members ensure that family and guests can remain in their seats relaxed to enjoy the ceremony. Please visit the lou coopey website for ordering: www.loucoopey.com
For graduation verification please use the link to Parchment.com. Please do not fax or scan requests as we ar no longer accepting these.