Higley High Graduating Seniors and Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2022,
We are excited to announce our Higley High School Graduation Ceremony will be held at ASU’s Desert Financial Arena on May 24, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
Senior Class Meeting
Jostens, our school’s provider for Cap & Gowns, Senior Graduation Announcements, Senior Class Rings, and Letterman Jackets will be at school on September 10th to provide order information to seniors to share with parents and guardians. The presentation will be held during third period, in the HCPA. This is a mandatory meeting for all seniors. Seniors will go to third period for attendance and then immediately to the HCPA.
Senior Order Day
Jostens will be on campus for Senior order day at HHS on Thursday, Sept. 16th during lunch at school in the Cafeteria.
Every school across the entire country graduates at the exact same time, so it is important that we plan ahead and order now.
Frequently asked questions
- What if I miss my order date? Orders will be accepted on campus when Jostens is there or by mail sent to our location noted on the packet, or order online at www.jostens.com or call 1-800-567-8367.
- How many announcements do I need? Announcements should be sent to everyone with whom you want to share this exciting milestone. Our Graduation packages are designed with small quantities of announcements so it’s easy to add additional announcements to give you just the right amount. Please be sure to order your student’s items with the name you would like printed on the name cards and other personal items. Please note, the official school announcement does need to be pre-ordered.
- When will I receive my order? Keepsake tassels, back packs and Key Rings will be delivered at school on order day. Apparel, jewelry items, and memory books will be delivered to your home. Caps and gowns as well as graduation announcements and other paper products will be delivered at school this spring. We will send you further information regarding delivery as the day approaches.
- When is my balance due? If you order with a down payment/deposit, you will be invoiced via e-mail. Please provide an accurate e-mail address. We ask that your final payment is made before March 1st. Orders will be held for any accounts with a balance due.
- Questions? Call 1-800-Jostens (1-800-567-8367)
-Information to order will be passed out at school on September 10th. Additional order information packets are in the school office beginning September 10th.
-Please bring a $50 deposit to place your order on September 16th or you may choose to pay in full. Other payment options are available…check them out in the graduation packet. Payments may be made throughout the school year directly to Jostens. Payment in full is due by March 1st.
- In school special/sale is available only during these days. See packet for details.
-Questions? Call Jostens at 1-800-567-8367 or www.jostens.com (you may order here too).
Congratulations and enjoy your year…it will go by too quickly.
Senior Awards Ceremony
Senior Awards Ceremony is May 16, 2022 in the Higley Center for Performing Arts at 6:00 p.m. The program will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. If you choose not to participate in the awards ceremony or if there is a change in your award, please contact Jackie Novak (480.279.7333) in the College and Career Center.
Please check your synergy account using parentVUE or studentVUE as soon as possible for errors regarding your name. How your name appears in synergy is how it will appear on your diploma. If it is incorrect, please contact Mrs. Scott (480.279.7312) in the front office prior to April 1st.
Honor cords will be handed out at graduation practice. You must be present to pick them up. Only approved Honor Cords will be allowed.
NHS and Student Council Stoles
Stoles will be taken care of by the advisor. Please check with Mrs. Rima, Mrs. Lewandowski or Mr. Decoste. Please see the advisor for all information.
Final Exam Schedule
If you are planning on attending a four year University, Community College or vocational training program and the school requires final transcripts, you will use Parchment.com for your requests.
Senior Check Out
Seniors will receive check out forms in their English classes on May 19th. Any outstanding debts (including book, athletic, class fees, uniforms, lost books, etc.) must be paid in full in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Check with the bookstore now to see if you have any outstanding debts! Completed/signed form need to be turned into the bookstore no later than May 20th at 3:00 p.m..
Graduation practice will be held at Higley High School on Tuesday, May 24th at 6:30 a.m. Practice is mandatory. If you are not at graduation practice, you may not participate in the ceremony. Do not bring your cap and gown to practice. Graduates with names that have difficult pronunciation, please see the name readers after practice.
The graduation ceremony will be Tuesday, May 24th. Students not present at call time (6:30 p.m.) will not be able to participate. Parents, guardians and guest are not permitted on the turf. If you are unable to attend graduation on the 24th please make arrangements to pick up your diploma after May 24th at the front desk during school office hours. All seniors are encouraged to participate in the commencement ceremony. Please contact Mrs. Novak if you will NOT be participating in graduation at 480-279-7333.
Appropriate Dress for Class of 2022 at Graduation Ceremonies
Students will NOT be allowed to carry any items with them (including food, drink, clothes hangers or flowers) onto the graduation floor.
NO electronic devices will be allowed with graduates at graduation. This includes cell phones, I-pods, cameras, etc.
Please leave all items with a family member before entering the building. Staff members will be taking unauthorized items. Confiscated items will be available at HHS front desk in the administration building the following day during office hours.
No tennis shoes, flip flops or shorts will be allowed.
Mortarboards (Caps) should not be altered in any way nor should anything (other than the appropriate tassel) be attached to or written on it. Only HHS-provided graduation apparel may be worn; no pins, flowers etc. allowed.
Any student who appears to be under the influence of a controlled substance will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony and fall under the jurisdiction of local police.
Since parents may not enter the arena floor, a professional photographer from Lou Coopey will be at the graduation ceremony to take a candid photograph of each graduate at the time the diploma is presented. You may place orders and obtain answers to questions at Lou Coopey Photography office. Since professional photographers will be available, arena staff members ensure that family and guests can remain in their seats relaxed to enjoy the ceremony. Please visit the lou coopey website for ordering: www.loucoopey.com or call 480-830-56
For graduation verification please use the link to Parchment.com. Please do not fax or scan requests as we ar no longer accepting these.