Higley High SchoolClass of 2023
Class of 2023 and Parents/Guardians,
We are excited to announce our Higley High School Graduation Ceremony will be held at ASU’s Desert Financial Arena on May 23, 2023, at 2:30 p.m.
LIVESTREAM for Higley High School Graduation
- 9/20/2022 Class of 2023 Meeting 3rd Hour with Jostens @ HCPA
- 9/23/2022 Class of 2023 Order Day with Jostens @ cafeteria at all lunches. Questions on caps and gowns? Call Jostens at 1-800-567-8367 or www.jostens.com (you may order here too).
- 3/28/2023 Class of 2023 Jostens Order Delivery Day @ cafeteria all lunches.
- 4/11/2023 Senior Class Meeting 3rd Hour with Administration @ HCPA
- 5/15/2023 Senior Awards Ceremony 6 p.m.@ HCPA
- 5/23/2023 Class of 2023 Graduation at ASU
Jostens Cap and Gown Orders
Congratulations! Your senior is closing in on a really important milestone, graduation! It is time to prepare for that milestone.
If you have already ordered your graduation items, thank you. We will deliver caps and gowns on campus in the spring.
If you have NOT ordered, go to the bookstore and purchase your cap and gown.
Questions? Call 602-765-7337
Attention Class of 2023:
This is a reminder that Arizona law requires students to be trained in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) as a graduation requirement. Higley Unified School District will provide training on October 26th or January 25th (after the half-day dismissal) in accordance with Arizona State Law (ARS 15-718.01). Students will be trained in CPR using the American Red Cross CPR Training curriculum and will be trained by certified Red Cross presenters. (Please note: this training does not qualify students to obtain a certified CPR/First Aid card).
Please note, each of the training dates can only accommodate up to 200 students (students will be broken up into 2 groups). This training will be in the cafeteria/small gym following early release. Alternatively, students may provide proof of CPR training or may be opted out. Please choose the appropriate option on the CPR form. CPR forms are available in the link below and can be turned in directly or emailed to the assigned counselor. A digital copy of the form can also be found on the HHS Counseling page at the following link: https://www.husd.org/cms/lib/AZ01001450/Centricity/Domain/1392/CPR%20form%2022.pdf
Meredith Robbins (A-Ed) email@example.com
Jon Evans (El-La) firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Alexander (Li-Ro) email@example.com
Kim Gallagher (Ru-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re not sure whether the requirement has already been met, please refer to the Course History tab on ParentVue/StudentVue. Thank you!
MESSAGES FROM DESERT FINANCIAL ARENA
High School Graduation represents the culmination of a student’s academic achievement. It is a time of celebration and reflection for students, family, friends, faculty and staff. It brings together a diverse community to share the joy of accomplished goals. Graduation is a special event for all involved. Please show respect for everyone who has come to share in the experience. Individuals who engage in inappropriate or disruptive behavior may be removed from the event.
DESERT FINANCIAL SPECIAL SERVICES
- Lost and Found is located in room 116
- First Aid Station will be located in section #15
- Handicapped seating is available in the arena. First come, first served
- Restrooms and Concessions are available around the concourse
- The doors to the Desert Financial Arena open at 1:30pm, one hour prior to the graduation ceremony
- The event is open to the public.
- Parents, family and friends will not be allowed on the floor at any time before, during or after the ceremony.
- Security at Desert Financial Arena may be conducting “searches” of all students and adults entering the facility as they would for a regular ASU sponsored event.
- All spectators will pass through metal detectors prior to entering the arena.
- See the following lists for items that will and will not be allowed in the arena.
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE ARENA
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags (no larger than 4.5" x 6.5") with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the venue
- Medically necessary items after proper inspection at gates
- Factory sealed water bottles 51 oz. / 1.5 liters or smaller
- Empty non-disposable plastic water bottles • Small retractable umbrellas
- Umbrella strollers
- Service animals
- Seat cushions and chair backs must be 18" or less in width (No pockets, zippers, compartments, or covers)
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE ARENA
- Soft or hard sided coolers, ice chests
- Glass or metal containers
- Outside beverages
- Use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and smokeless cigarettes/tobacco
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 6" or video cameras
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks for cameras/phones
- Full size strollers
- Backpacks, diaper bags and other similar bags will not be allowed
- Bikes, skateboards, scooters, hover boards, long boards
- Large golf umbrellas
- Pitchforks (wood, metal, plastic)
- Sticks, poles or similar objects that can be used as a weapon
- Weapons of any kind including those carried with permit
- Fireworks, drones or laser pointers
- Artificial noisemakers (Example: air horns, thunderstix, musical instruments, cans filled with contents, whistles, cow bells or any other item used to make artificial noise)
- No pets/animals
To enhance public safety and make stadium access more efficient, Sun Devil Athletics adopted a Clear Bag Policy. Guests may bring in one (1) clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a 1-gallon plastic storage bag. Fans are limited to one clear bag per person, along with a small clutch or purse for privacy. Staff from the ASU Bookstore will be on hand selling bags should you need them.
Senior Awards Ceremony
Senior Awards Ceremony is May 15th, 2023 in the Higley Center for Performing Arts at 6:00 p.m. The program will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. If you choose not to participate in the awards ceremony or if there is a change in your award, please contact Jackie Novak (480.279.7333) in the College and Career Center.
Please check your synergy account using parentVUE or studentVUE as soon as possible for errors regarding your name. How your name appears in synergy is how it will appear on your diploma. If it is incorrect, please contact Mrs. Scott (480.279.7312) or email email@example.com in the front office prior to April 1st.
Honor cords will be handed out at graduation check-in at ASU at 1:00 p.m. You must be present to pick them up from your line leader. Only approved Honor Cords will be allowed.
NHS and Student Council Stoles
Stoles will be taken care of by the advisor. Please check with Mrs. Rima, Mrs. Lewandowski or Ms. Overacker. Please see the advisor for all information.
Final Exam Schedule
If you are planning on attending a four year University, Community College or vocational training program and the school requires final transcripts, you will use Parchment.com for your requests.
Senior Check Out
Seniors will receive check out forms in their English classes on May 16th. Any outstanding debts (including book, athletic, class fees, uniforms, lost books, etc.) must be paid in full in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Check with the bookstore now to see if you have any outstanding debts! Completed/signed form need to be turned into the bookstore no later than May 22nd at 3:00 p.m..
Graduation practice will be held at Higley High School on Tuesday, May 23rd at 6:00 a.m. Practice is mandatory. If you are not at graduation practice, you may not participate in the ceremony. Do not bring your cap and gown to practice. Graduates with names that have a difficult pronunciation, please see the name readers after practice.
The graduation ceremony will be Tuesday, May 23rd. Students not present at call time (1:00 p.m.) will not be able to participate. If you are unable to attend graduation on the 23rd please make arrangements to pick up your diploma after May 23rd at the front desk during school office hours. All seniors are encouraged to participate in the commencement ceremony. Please contact Mrs. Novak if you will NOT be participating in graduation at 480-279-7333.
Appropriate Dress for Class of 2023 at Graduation Ceremonies
Students will NOT be allowed to carry any items with them (including food, drink, clothes hangers or flowers) onto the graduation floor.
NO electronic devices will be allowed with graduates at graduation. This includes cell phones, I-pods, cameras, etc.
Please leave all items with a family member before entering the building. Staff members will be taking unauthorized items. Confiscated items will be available at HHS front desk in the administration building the following day during office hours.
No tennis shoes, flip flops or shorts will be allowed.
Mortarboards (Caps) should not be altered in any way nor should anything (other than the appropriate tassel) be attached to or written on it. Only HHS-provided graduation apparel may be worn; no pins, flowers etc. allowed.
Any student who appears to be under the influence of a controlled substance will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony and fall under the jurisdiction of local police.
Since parents may not enter the arena floor, a professional photographer from Lou Coopey will be at the graduation ceremony to take a candid photograph of each graduate at the time the diploma is presented. You may place orders and obtain answers to questions at Lou Coopey Photography office. Since professional photographers will be available, arena staff members ensure that family and guests can remain in their seats relaxed to enjoy the ceremony. Please visit the lou coopey website for ordering: www.loucoopey.com
Senior Grad Knight Event
Looking for a fun and safe place for your graduate on the night of graduation? Join us for our 8th Annual GRAD KNIGHT at Fat Cats in Gilbert. Tickets are currently $60. The price will go up to $80 the night of the event. Get your tickets today!
For graduation verification please use the link to Parchment.com. Please do not fax or scan requests as we ar no longer accepting these.