Getting Ready To Graduate
Class of 2020!
It is our wish and our goal to help make your Senior year a huge success. This page will contain important dates and information for you as the year progresses. Please check the page often so that you are up to speed and ready for graduation in May 2020.
Outstanding balance and textbook reminders will be given to seniors in class when we return from Spring Break. All outstanding fees and outstanding textbooks must be cleared or returned in order to participate in graduation ceremonies.
Your senior letter detailing events leading up to graduation ceremonies and a senior check-out sheet will be dispersed after Spring Break at the Senior Meeting in the HCPA. These two items will give you dates, times, and deadlines that must be met. Please contact Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any graduation ceremony related questions or concerns.
Graduation Regalia and Announcement Ordering
Stay on top of your graduation needs by marking your calendars for the days Jostens will be on campus. Jostens will help ensure that the Class of 2020 has everything they need for Graduation. Please contact them directly if there are items you need at www.jostens.com or 800-567-8367.
Deadline to order Cap and Gown
Drive Up Delivery
Announcement & Cap and Gown Delivery
Jostens will be here April 6th for graduation delivery; however, we will be using an alternative plan for this delivery.
Commencement CeremonyGraduation 2020 will take place at Desert Financial Arena- ASUThursday, May 21st, 2020 at 9:30am
- Curb side delivery only (stay in your car)- come in through the student lot on the far east side off of Recker, turn right immediately (so you would drive along the curb near the buildings), pull up to the curb and Jostens will approach you and get your order for you.
- 9:30-10:30AM- alpha last names- Last Name starting with A-J
- 10:30-11:30AM- alpha last names- Last Names starting with K-S
- 11:30AM-12:30PM – alpha last names -T-Z and for those who could not come at their scheduled timeframe or need to order.
- Please have available and/or keep in mind:
- Student ID or Identification- driver’s license or school id required
- If you have not paid your bill in full please have that arranged prior to picking up your orders if at all possible, online or at 1-800 Jostens. Payment at delivery is cash only.
- If you are unable to pay the remaining balance before or on that date, please continue to make your payment plans, once they have been paid off in full you will be able to receive your orders after payment is complete. Arrangements will be made.
- If you are unable to come that day an alternative plan will be developed.
- If you have not ordered a cap and gown, you may that day. Please bring cash in the exact amount. $50
- Graduates need to report 8:30am for check-in.
- There will be no tickets required for graduates or their guests. Any parking available around Desert Financial Arena will be open to you and there will be no reserved Graduation parking sections that morning.
- Seniors who choose to participate in the graduation ceremony are expected to dress appropriately. Appropriate attire for the gentlemen includes dress pants, dress shirt, tie and dress shoes. Appropriate attire for the ladies includes dress slacks with a blouse or a dress with dress shoes. Cut-off shorts, tennis shoes, deck shoes and ‘flip-flops’ are not considered appropriate attire.
- All students must have a Higley gown, cap, and tassel. Gowns may not be altered in any way. They may be ordered from Jostens this year at www.jostens.com or 800-567-8367.
- It is important that each and every graduate name be heard by all in attendance. Please only bring items that would be respectful of other people’s ability to hear the proceedings. Do not bring “play things” or distractions. Graduates personal items may not be visible…such as corsages, leis or cap and gown decorations. Food, drinks, or coolers will not be permitted inside the stadium. Other items such as signs, balloons, or air horns will not be permitted.
- Honors Recognition-
Summa Cum Laude (Top 1%) Blue/Silver Braided Cord
Magna Cum Laude (Top 2%)-Blue/Silver Braided Cord
Cum Laude (Top 5%) - Gold Cord
National Honor Society Member-Gold Stole
National Dance Honor Society—Light Blue/White Cord
CTE Completers—Purple & White Cord
Foreign Exchange Students
RHO Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society—Dark Blue & Light Blue
Student Council Member-Silver Stole
Messages from Desert Financial Arena to Assist Your Planning
High School Graduation represents the culmination of a student’s academic achievement. It is a time of celebration and reflection for students, family, friends, faculty and staff. It brings together a diverse community to share the joy of accomplished goals. Graduation is a special event for all involved. Please show respect for everyone who has come to share in the experience. Individuals who engage in inappropriate or disruptive behavior may be removed from the event.
DESERT FINANCIAL ARENA SPECIAL SERVICES
- Lost and Found is located in room 116
- First Aid Station will be located in section #15
- Handicapped seating is available in the arena. First come, first served
- Restrooms and Concessions are available around the concourse
- The doors to the Desert Financial Arena open one hour prior to the graduation ceremony
- The event is open to the public.
- Parents, family and friends will not be allowed on the floor at any time before, during or after the ceremony.
- Security at Desert Financial Arena may be conducting “searches” of all students and adults entering the facility as they would for a regular ASU sponsored event.
- See the following lists for items that will and won’t be allowed in the arena.
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE ARENA
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags (no larger than 4.5" x 6.5") with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the venue
- Medically necessary items after proper inspection at gates
- Factory sealed water bottles 51 oz. / 1.5 liters or smaller
- Empty non-disposable plastic water bottles • Small retractable umbrellas
- Umbrella strollers
- Service animals
- Seat cushions and chair backs must be 18" or less in width (No pockets, zippers, compartments, or covers)
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE ARENA
- Soft or hard sided coolers, ice chests
- Glass or metal containers
- Outside beverages
- Use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and smokeless cigarettes/tobacco
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 6" or video cameras
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks for cameras/phones
- Full size strollers
- Backpacks, diaper bags and other similar bags will not be allowed
- Bikes, skateboards, scooters, hover boards, long boards
- Large golf umbrellas
- Pitchforks (wood, metal, plastic)
- Sticks, poles or similar objects that can be used as a weapon
- Weapons of any kind including those carried with permit
- Fireworks, drones or laser pointers
- Artificial noisemakers (Example: air horns, thunderstix, musical instruments, cans filled with contents, whistles, cow bells or any other item used to make artificial noise)
- No pets/animals
To enhance public safety and make stadium access more efficient, Sun Devil Athletics adopted a Clear Bag Policy. Guests may bring in one (1) clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a 1-gallon plastic storage bag. Fans are limited to one clear bag per person, along with a small clutch or purse for privacy. Staff from the ASU Bookstore will be on hand selling bags should you need them.