Learn More About Kindergarten From Your School of Choice
Visit your school’s Kindergarten Round Up page to learn more about HUSD and what your child can expect during their kindergarten experience, including schedules, curriculum and our unique programs. This will provide the opportunity for you to get to know the school, principal, teachers, and our exceptional programs and initiatives. Click on your school of choice below!BridgesCentennialChaparralCoronadoCortinaGatewayHigley Traditional AcademyPower Ranch
Ready to enroll now? Online registration for the 2022-23 school year is now open.Kindergarten Registration
Registration may be completed online through the District’s new system. Families will be contacted on a business day within 48 hours.If you are unable to complete the online registration, you may print and complete registration forms and return them to your school during business hours.To determine what home school boundary you live in, please click here for our boundary maps.Please be sure to bring the following documents when registering your child, along with your completed registration packet:
• Child’s Birth Certificate
• Child’s Immunization Record
• Proof of Residency
Who qualifies for kindergarten?
If your child will be 5 years of age by August 31 of school year you wish to enroll, he or she qualifies for kindergarten.
If your child will be 5 years of age between September 1 and December 31 of this school year, you have a few different options:
For assistance with enrollment application, please call 480.279.7055All other questions regarding Early Entrance Kindergarten Assessment, please call 480.279.7118
- Enroll your child in one of our Kindergarten Prep Classes. Certified Early Childhood teachers provide meaningful and developmentally appropriate educational experiences for your child’s intellectual, social, emotional, creative and physical development. View Pre-K Options
- Register your child for an assessment designed to test kindergarten readiness. Registration for this assessment will be available from January 3rd – May 25th. A non-refundable fee of $60.00 will be due at the time of registration to cover the assessment. If you would like to submit an application for Early Entrance Kindergarten Assessment, please sign up here. The Early Entrance Kindergarten Assessment will take place in June. If you reside out of the boundaries of a school, or out of the boundaries of the school district, an open enrollment application must also be completed. Open Enrollment
- You may also choose to wait another year to enroll your child in Higley.