Welcome to Sports Medicine
You Will Need Each student will need to purchase Composition book and a package of 3x5 lined Index Cards. Additionally, you will need to bring your own pencil or pen each day. A student that does not bring the necessary materials to complete classroom assignments will be considered unprepared for class (see Employability Points)
Completing Assignments & Submitting On Time
The single most important thing that you can do is to complete assignments to the best of your ability and on time. All assignments are aligned with state standards and are given in preparation for a lab or test.
It is your responsibility to obtain your work upon your return to school.
I will not remind you to do it.
Only excused absences will allow you to make up missed work.
Make-up work will not be allowed for unexcused absences.
If a student is excused absent, the student has as many missed excused days to make up those assignments. If the student has an unexcused absence, the student has one day to either make up the assignment for up to 50% credit or schedule an appointment with the instructor to make up the work. It is the student's responsibility to communicate with the teacher the first day they return; if the student fails to do so late work may not be accepted.
REDOING WORK / RETAKING ASSESSMENTS:
Day to day work, notebook checks, basic homework, and class work cannot be redone.
Major assessments can be redone if students communicate that request with the teacher within 1 day of the grade being posted.
Definition: An absence is defined as a student's non-attendance in the student's assigned classroom during an assigned period. The difference between an excused absence and an unexcused absence is parents have followed procedures to excuse a student by calling the attendance line. However, the accumulation of excused and unexcused occurrences will result in potential consequences. ALL absences accrue towards the limit of 10 per semester.
Classroom participation and concept development are essential components for the learning process in this class. It is highly recommended that you attend class daily.
Students returning from an excused absence must pick up missed work. You will have as many days as your absence to submit your work. Students with pre-arranged absences should get assignments prior to the absence and submit work upon return.
Attendance Policy Changes
This is to inform you that we have a new board policy on attendance. A student will be considered absent from class if they enter the classroom more than ten minutes after the designated start time. If the student has a valid reason to be late to class it will be an excused absence. The absence will be considered unexcused if the student is late without being excused by the school administration or the parent signing in the child late. If you would like to receive attendance updates throughout the day, you have the option to sign up in ParentVUE.
A student is tardy if s/he is not in the classroom when the bell rings. The accumulation of excused and unexcused tardies may result in potential consequences.Â Excessive tardies without an excused pass, will result in disciplinary action. On your 3rd tardy to my class, you will serve after school detention (ASD). Any further tardies will result in a referral to the administration.
1st Tardy-conference 2nd Tardy conference and/or call home 3rd Tardy-call home and assign detention with teacher 4th Tardy-referral to office
1st Step: Student /Teacher Conference
2nd Step: Student /Teacher Conference and Parent Contact
3rd Step: Parent /Teacher Conference
4th Step: Administrative Involvement/ Parent Contact
** Any excessive behavior that requires immediate administrative attention will bypass steps 1-3.
Interactive Notebook Portfolio (10%)
Interactive Notebook Input ( 5%)
Daily Questions ( 5%)
Participation / Employability Points ( 5%)
Observation Hours ( 5%)
Final Exam 20%
- Participation / Employability Points Participation points are earned for participating in group activities/discussion, working on assignments when time is given and not disrupting the class when it is inappropriate to do so. Employability points are earned for being prepared for class, coming with the necessary supplies, being on time EVERYDAY, dressing appropriately for specific activities. Students who follow these guidelines will earn 2 points a day = 8-10 points each week. Not complying with these guidelines will result in the loss of points. (Examples of deductions: No supplies, not contributing to peer group projects / discussions, Skills / Lab days-not wearing the appropriate clothing to allow full participation).
- Observation Hours are earned by completing appropriate participation of ATC observation hours earning 50 pts. for the school year. Not complying with these guidelines will result in the loss of pts.
- Interactive Notebooks contain class notes, class work and projects.
- HomeworkÂ will be posted in class and on my teacher web page on the calendar.
- Quizzes will occur almost weekly.Â Notes will not be used.
- Tests will occur every 2-3 weeks.Â Tests will cover course content and vocabulary.Â You will not be able to use notes.
- Practical Tests will occur second semester with every unit. Practical Tests will be hands on skills assessment. Â You will not be able to use notes.
- Labs & Activities will occur approximately 1-2 times a week
- Bell work / Daily Questions will be given daily to review previous concepts covered.
90 - 100 A
80 - 89 B
70 - 79 C
60 - 69 D
Below 59 F
- Be in your assigned seat and work on the assigned bell work when the tardy bell rings
- Bring materials to class each day and take them with you when you leave
- Follow directions the first time they are given
- Treat each person with respect and dignity
- Follow all class, HHS & HUSD handbook policies and procedures including food, drink & gum
- NO TOYS out in class - anything that you play with (cell phones, i-Pod, make-up, skateboards)
- Warning & loss of participation points
- Take away toy, loss of points, pick up in Bookstore after school
- Take away toy, loss of points with parent pick up from office
4. Administrative consequences
5. NO CELL PHONES ALOUD IN CLASS
- Sit in assigned seat
- Asking permission to do things in the class is a requirement for everyone'safety
- Participate in class activities.
- Have a good attitude & enjoy the class!! : )