Virtual Expectations for Students & Parents/Guardians
Students at all levels are now engaging in virtual class sessions on Teams. To ensure a positive and productive learning environment during these sessions, it is important that all students adhere to the following behavior expectations:
- Login credentials must not be shared. Sharing of login information violates other students’ and teachers’ rights to confidentiality and could allow class participation by unauthorized persons and/or lead to disruptive behaviors that detract from a productive and positive learning environment.
- Students who are disruptive, displaying inappropriate behaviors, and/or “trespass” virtual sessions will receive appropriate consequences in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct. Consequences may result in communication with parents/guardians, administrative consequences, and/or temporary or permanent loss of technology access, which would prevent the student from participating in virtual sessions. Students receiving this consequence would have assignments provided to the student’s parent/guardian.
To assure confidentiality for students and teachers during distance learning, all parents/guardians are asked to follow the following privacy guidelines:
- Virtual classes are designed for students. To prevent disruptions to the learning environment, parents/guardians may observe classes, however, they should not actively participate in sessions. Parents/guardians may assist their child with technology and/or remain nearby.
- Do not video record, audio record, photograph, live stream, or transmit in any other way any part of a virtual class, including not posting on any social media platform.
- Any confidential or personally identifiable information related to students participating during virtual classes should not be collected, discussed or shared.
- Parents/guardians should not engage with students during virtual classes. If you need to speak with your child during a session, first mute your child’s microphone.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in ensuring that distance learning is a positive, productive and enjoyable experience for all
Virtual AND In-Person Classroom Expectations:
•Be Respectful – To staff, to classmates, to school property
•Be Prepared – Come to class on time, with completed work, materials, and a ready attitude
•Be Involved – Engage in class activities and discussions
Believe that you CAN!