Do you suspect a child you know may have a disability?
Does this child:
• Have trouble seeing people and objects?
• Have difficulty hearing voices and other sounds?
• Remain unusually quiet for long periods of time?
• Have difficulty talking or pronouncing words properly?
• Move about with difficulty when crawling, walking or running?
• Learn slowly and have difficulty understanding?
• Have trouble playing with children or getting along with adults?
• Have other special health problems?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of these questions, call your local school today. Learn about screenings and special services that are available for all qualified children from birth through the school years.
• If this child is younger than 3 years old, please check the website
(Arizona Early Intervention Program - AzEIP) or call 888.439.5609 or 602.532.9960.
• If this child is 3-5 and in preschool, please call Preschool Evaluation Team school psychologist Jodie DeMets-Horn at 480.279.8027.
• If this child is 5 (and in kindergarten) through age 21, please call your local school.
• The district has a 45 day screening procedure for all students new to the district (not previously screened) which reviews: hearing, vision, social/emotional/behavioral, psychomotor skills, academics, communication and adaptive skills.
• If you require additional assistance, please contact the HUSD Office of Special Education at 480.279.7059.