Support HUSD and receive up to a $400 AZ Tax Credit. Your tax dollar donations fund extra-curricular activities and opportunities for students. If you wish to make a donation, please see our Tax Credit page for more information.
Headlines & Features
Open enrollment forms available
Families that wish to open enroll their student/s into a campus other than their neighborhood school may submit an open enrollment application for the 2020-2021 school year. Applications can be downloaded from the Higley website and submitted to the campus of choice. Space may be limited.
Families currently open enrolled on a campus do not need to submit an application if they plan to stay at that site.
✔ FAFSA Challenge Website! Have you visited the FAFSA Challenge website yet? It has helpful resources like how to create a FSA ID and FAFSA training webinars.
✔ FAFSA Errors? We’ve created this resource sheet to help you identify and solve common FAFSA completion problem areas.
602-542-7230 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Class of 2020
Jostens will be on campus for cap and gown orders on November 14th during both lunches. Please get your cap and gown sets as early as possible so you are all set for your commencement ceremony.
you may place orders online any time at jostens.com
things to keep in mind in order to be ready for Graduation at Desert Financial Arena (formerly Wells Fargo Arena)
Jostens campus dates:
11-14 senior orders at lunch
12-13 senior orders at lunch
3-27 senior announcement delivery
5-7 cap and gown delivery
Desert Financial Arena (formerly ASU Wells Fargo Arena), 600 E. Veteran’s Way, Tempe, AZ 85281
- Thursday, May 21st, 2020 at 2:30 PM, ASU’s Wells Fargo Arena.
- To enhance public safety and make access more efficient, Sun Devil Stadium and Desert Financial Arena have adopted a clear bag policy. Guests may bring in one clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a 1-gallon plastic storage bag. Guests are limited to one clear bag per person, along with a small clutch or purse for privacy. For more information and a list of prohibited items, please visit thesundevils.com.
- All in attendance will pass through a metal detector this year, as this is a new procedure
All students must have a Williams Field gown, cap, and tassel purchased from Jostens this school year. Gowns may not be altered in any way.
Changes to High School Bell Schedule
Wednesday Late Starts
Every Wednesday, classes will start at 7:40 a.m. This will allow our teachers to meet in meaningful professional development to further enhance the curriculum for their individual subjects with their colleagues and allow time for cross-curricular collaboration, additional tutoring opportunities, and club meetings. This additional fifteen minutes will have a definitive and a positive impact on student learning and engagement.
This does NOT impact transportation. Bus schedules will run normally. Students who arrive on campus before 7:40 a.m. will have several opportunities (listed below).
Some items to keep in mind
- This will be each Wednesday of the school year except for the following Wednesdays designated as half-days for the high schools: August 28, 2019, September 25, 2019, November 27, 2019, Decemeber 18, 2019, January 29, 2020, February 26, 2020 and May 20, 2020.
- Bus pick up and drop off at school will not change.
- A Hour/Zero Hour classes will still meet every Wednesday starting at 6:25 a.m.
- Clubs will be able to meet prior to the beginning of the school day.
- Teachers will have additional opportunities to tutor students who may need additional help.
- Counselors and the career center will be open to help with completion of ECAP and scholarship applications.
- The cafeteria will be open for breakfast and/or snacks prior to the start of the school day.
- The warning bell will ring at 7:35 a.m., with the late bell ringing at 7:40 a.m. signaling the start of the school day.
Change in the Number of Designated Class Periods
- We have run a schedule in the past that contained seven designated periods. This year we will have eight periods.
- This places us in compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes regarding the designation of lunch and class periods.
- Lunches will be given a period designation. Students will be assigned either 4th-hour lunch/A lunch or 5th hour lunch/B lunch. The 30-minute lunch time allocation will not change.
- Time spent in class will not change. Instructional minutes will remain the same.
- The regular last class of the day, which concludes at 2:15 p.m., will be designated as 7th-hour period, while the extended 8th-hour period will release at 3:15 p.m.
Bell schedules will be posted on the website prior to the start of the school year.
All HUSD families should sign up for a ParentVue account. This allows parents to view student grades and absences, as well as see – when they are posted – class schedules and teacher information. The district also uses ParentVue during class selection times at the middle schools and high schools.
Sign up requires an IN PERSON visit to the school office. If you already have a ParentVue account, and your child is moving from one HUSD school to another, no action is required. The updated information will appear when it is available.
If you have questions, please contact your school's office.
Williams Field High School invites you to keep up with all events by following us on social media:
Should an emergency situation arise that impacts the school day please visit the school's website where a parent notification will be displayed to provide you with the most up-to-date information.
2019 National Gold Council of Excellence
The Williams Field High School Student Council is one of only two schools in Arizona being recognized as a 2019 National Gold Council of Excellence. We congratulate our most excellent Student Council Black Hawks.