Welcome to Sixth Grade!
Ms. Michelle Bernard
6th grade Math
If you have any concerns or would like to contact me, email is the best method.
It is recommended that students have the following supplies in every class. Student supplies may need to be replenished as needed; please keep extra supplies at home.
- 1” Binder with dividers labeled for each class (Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies) (NO larger than 1”)
- Sturdy Zippered Supply bag to hold personal items (NO Plastic/Metal Boxes)
- 8 Single-Subject College Ruled 100 pg. Composition Notebooks for Language Arts, Science, Social Studies and Math (1 per semester-per subject)-please do not buy styles with perforated pages.
- Plastic Sheet Protectors (25-30)
- 1 folder with brads (will be kept in science room)
- Grading pens (Red)
- Wooden #2 pencils
- 4 Highlighters—different colors
- 4 Glue sticks
- 2 reams of College Ruled Loose-leaf paper (1 will be collected by the homeroom teacher)
- 8-12 Colored Pencils, Crayons, OR markers (NO Sharpies/Permanent Markers)
- Students may need other materials to complete special projects in various classes
Supplies to be collected by teacher
- 3 LARGE boxes of tissues
- Sanitizing wipes for desks
- Hand sanitizer
- 4 Dry Erase Markers
- Donations of loose-leaf paper, pencils, highlighters and glue sticks would be appreciated
Welcome 6th graders!
My name is Ms. Michelle Bernard. I will be your math teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. This will be my ninth year teaching 6th grade math. Before that, I taught 5th grade here at Power Ranch for 4 years. For those of you that don’t know me from seeing me in the 5th grade/6th grade hallway or from popping into your 5th grade classroom last year, I look forward to getting to know you this year.
To tell you a little more about me, I was born and raised in Michigan. I graduated from the University of Michigan (Go Blue!). I am still a huge U of M fan. I love math. I love teaching new concepts and playing around with numbers. I still remember my teachers from when I was in school that taught me that math was more than just numbers and shapes; there is a whole world to explore!
From adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions to writing and solving equations, we cover a lot of cool concepts!
I look forward to exploring the world of math with you this year. I can’t wait to meet you! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
See you at Meet the Teacher Night!
Ms. Michelle Bernard