Summer office hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Receive up to $400 in state Tax Credit
2015-16 Calendar Reminder
Beginning next school year, the district is moving to a modified year-round school calendar. Classes begin July 27, 2015, with a two-week fall break, two-week winter break and two-week spring break. The last day of classes is May 26, 2016, and the last day for teachers is May 27, 2016. For information, go online to www.husd.org/newcalendars.
Williams Field Parents,
As the second nine weeks of the first semester are set to begin, we wanted to share with you a very positive sign. The late bus at 4:30pm has consistent riders every day. This is excellent as we hope students are getting support in their classes by attending the Academic Learning Lab, enjoying afterschool clubs, or working on assignments.
As we are set to return to school next week, please remind your son or daughter if they will be utilizing the late bus they must:
1. Get a bus pass from the front office prior to getting on the bus.
2. Have their school ID as this name must match that on the bus pass.
In an effort to be sure your child arrives home safely, the above 2 things must occur daily. The bus driver will check both the school ID as well as the bus pass. The district does not want to deny a student a ride; however, they need to know exactly who is riding in case of an emergency.
To use ParentVue, parents need a personal code created by their student’s school. Please visit your school office for more information.
1) E-Alerts: Our school sends out automated email alerts for various school functions like dances, athletics, testing dates, yearbook sales, etc., but you must be on the list to receive them. To register go to husd.org > click on the silver “parents” link under the orange bar under the photos. Click on the E-Alert link > fill out the form.
2) ParentVUE: Our schools use a software program called Synergy (Genesis), which compiles student grades, attendance, transcripts, and contact information. Teachers may include digital documents, classroom assignments, points and percentages, and individual feedback and comments. To register you need to get an “Activation Key” from the Front Office (480) 279.8000
3) Teacher Pages: All teachers in our district have their own teacher website. These pages will include digital versions of important documents for the class. To view a teacher’s webpage, select “Teacher Pages” located on the top toolbar > select the teacher’s name which you would like to view their webpage. You will find their contact information as well as links to any electronic assignments in the left hand toolbar on their page.
All of these options are wonderful tools provided by the school and the district. Please utilize these methods of communication as to ensure your child's success through the 2013-2014 school year.
Student Delivery and Drop Off
I am writing today to share with you a change in our practice at the high school regarding deliveries to students.
Deliveries will no longer be accepted for any items. In order to ensure a safe and sanitary environment that supports and maintains the health and welfare of all of our students, they are expected to come prepared for the school day. Our offices are not equipped with the necessary equipment and staffing to maintain the amount of delieveries that were recieved daily during previous years. In the past, many items were not picked up by the students which left the administrative office responsible for these items. It is equally difficult to accommodate deliveries with all the other activity that takes place in the administrative office.
As a reminder, our high school is a closed campus. Please visit with your student about what that means in terms of not being able to leave the school, unless checked out by a parent or guardian, during their school day. Once a student arrives on campus, they are required to stay on campus until their school day comes to a close.
As we look to enhance options for students, we will begin exploring ways that student dining needs can be addressed to expand variety and choice.
I thank you in advance for supporting this significant change in the front office where we strive to improve our service to you, our students, and guests to the campus.