As we work to keep families informed at The Higley Traditional Academy, we are asking parents to provide us with an e-mail address in order to keep you informed about the process and any additional information that may arise. Please take a few minutes to sign up for the school’s E-Alert system. You can click here and select what information you want sent automatically to your e-mail address, including communication from the principal and district.
If you would like to modify your selected list, or unsubscribe from the HUSD E-Alerts system, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Higley Traditional Academy School Uniform Policy
Student Uniforms Monday through Thursday
• Khaki or Navy blue pants or capris
• Khaki or Navy blue skirt or shorts at fingertip length or longer
• Khaki or Navy blue jumpers at fingertip length or longer
• Students may wear jeans, jean skirts, or jean shorts at fingertip length or longer
• Jeans must be medium to dark blue with no frays, holes, or fading
• Solid red, white, black or yellow collared shirt with no brand name logo and tucked in
• School logo collared shirts will be permitted
• In class- sweatshirts, sweaters, hoodies, etc- must be solid red, white, black or yellow with no brand name logo
• School logo sweatshirts/hoodies are permitted
• Closed toe shoes or sandals with straps (no flip flops)
• Hair of a naturally occurring color
Student Uniforms on Friday
• Students may wear a school t-shirt on Fridays.
• Students may wear a solid red, black, white, or yellow t-shirt with no brand name logos.
• Monday through Thursday dress code is appropriate.
Free flu immunizations available
Chaparral Elementary School will host a series of free immunization clinics by the Chandler Regional Medical Center over the next few months, giving parents an opportunity to immunize children with school vaccinations. The clinics will also offer the influenza (flu) vaccine free to adults and children at the November and December clinics.
More information about this federally–funded program ishere.
We are currently accepting open enrollment packets for students interested in attending Higley Traditional Academy in the fall of 2013. Please bring your completed HUSD enrollment packet to the Higley Traditional Academy office Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 3:30 pm. There are no additional documents required to enroll in the Traditional Academy. Parent should be aware that math will be accelerated one year ahead, Spalding phonics will be taught and students will be required to wear uniforms according to our site based policy. If you have questions, please contact Dr. Cecilia Johnson, Interim Principal, at email@example.com.
Throughout the remainder of the school year, we are a closed campus and we require all visitors to sign in at the office and acquire a visitor badge between the hours of 7:45 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. It is a requirement that all visitors sign in at any school office prior to entering campus while school is in session. This procedure helps us to ensure all kids safety.
Higley Traditional Academy is a community school in Higley Unified School District has served neighborhood students for over 100 years.
We provide a safe and enriching learning environment built on history and tradition and driven by innovation. We strive to develop self-motivated life-long learners through quality core educational programs, as well as a well-rounded curriculum of physical education, arts and music. Our state of the art classrooms provide our students with technology experiences necessary in the 21st century.
The back-to-basics curriculum, pace of studies and specific expectations for academic achievement, behavior, and dress require a firm commitment from every parent, student, and teacher. Higley Traditional Academy develops a solid foundation of fundamental and higher level thinking skills through a structured curriculum that is consistent within each grade level and sequential throughout the grades. Our curriculum is taught using direct instruction techniques, whole class instruction and approved teaching methods.
Our students, staff and parents work cooperatively to focus on student achievement for each and every student we serve. We invite you and your children to join us in our learning environment at Higley Traditional Academy.